Wiring Clean-up/Simplification

-

slicknapier

Reaction score
I have 2000 Magnum 5.2 in my 63 Dodge Crewcab. I really enjoy this motor in my truck. I currently have the complete harness in my truck from the donor Durango. I am looking to "clean-up" the wiring. I have read through numerous threads trying to find exactly what I do and do not need. I would like to put my original guages back in the truck instead of the Durangos I have in there now. I don' mind under the hood wiring, but the giant cluster of wires I have under the dash is starting to wear on me. I know there are guys that do wiring harnesses for a living and I understand that puts food on the table. I get it, I'm not trying to take that away, I just can't justify paying $700+ for a harness. Any info/ideas would be appriciated. Thanks

What I ended up doing was unpinning the wires from the connectors. You'll have to "open up" the connectors. Usually there is some sort of wire keeper on the back of the connector ( harness side ) and you'll need some small pick to push down / in on whatever pin keeps the actual connector in the plug. Although it's tedious, it's not hard.
You could use the FSM to identify the wires, but it also should be fairly easy to follow an open ended wire back to the connector, and "unpin" it.

I had a good site bookmarked with good wiring diagrams, but can't seem to find it now? Any recommendations?

-
Back