Wiring diagram for 1967 Plymouth AM/FM radio

-
No... you need (2) 4 ohm speakers wired in series. That will result in an 8 ohm load.
Two 8 ohm speakers in series is 16 ohms, in parallel is 4 ohms. You need two 4 ohm speakers wired in series.

No... you need (2) 4 ohm speakers wired in series. That will result in an 8 ohm load.
Two 8 ohm speakers in series is 16 ohms, in parallel is 4 ohms. You need two 4 ohm speakers wired in series.

Thank you very much for the Clarity.

8 ohm speakers are getting pretty hard to find new. So I think my best bet is going to be to go with 4 ohm speakers wired in series

There are a lot of modern amps designed for both low level and high level inputs. You shouldn’t have any trouble finding one. As stated before, you probably need to find out if one of your speaker wires are tied to ground (which is radio case). This will make a difference on the amplifier you select.

Those old transformer coupled radios will take a lot of abuse. I don’t think you will damage it unless you short the output for a long time.

I used to hook up lots of speakers and power amps to them back in the day. You may just have to experiment to get the sound you want.

My dash was already cut up, so I just went with a modern Bluetooth radio. Love it!

-
Back