wiring diagram

-

Princess Valiant

A.K.A. Rainy Day Auto
Reaction score
whats the quickest way to get a wiring diagram for a 68 dart.......do i need to spend big on a service manual and then wait weeks for it to get here or is there somewhere faster online??

im going crazy with Previous owner mods on my 68 dodge dart ........self proclaimed electical engineers need to be banned from touching old cars.....

aftermarket horn switch ......butt splices everywhere.......extra wires everywhere.....and my favorite .....added lights under the dash cluster bezel that came on with the turn signals...WTH

their brilliantly engineered mods also made the front turn signals come on when you press the brake pedal LOL

Attachments

• CIMG1103.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 1,223
  • CIMG1102.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 1,181
whats the quickest way to get a wiring diagram for a 68 dart.......do i need to spend big on a service manual and then wait weeks for it to get here or is there somewhere faster online??

im going crazy with Previous owner mods on my 68 dodge dart ........self proclaimed electical engineers need to be banned from touching old cars.....

aftermarket horn switch ......butt splices everywhere.......extra wires everywhere.....and my favorite .....added lights under the dash cluster bezel that came on with the turn signals...WTH

their brilliantly engineered mods also made the front turn signals come on when you press the brake pedal LOL

I've seen some of that done before. Original horn button quit working so one was added. Brake light failure was due to bad signal switch so owner spliced it all together to have working brake lights rather than pay a mint to have the signal switch replaced.
If I'm right... As you proceed to undo what was done you will probably find why it was done. Good luck with it.

I believe abodyjoe has them all on his website.....never mind.....

I am in the same boat with my '68 'Cuda. The PO diced and spliced the wiring all over to install an alarm system and a big stereo system (neither sold with the car). I will be replacing all of the wires now.

Wire rat’s nests, hacked circuits, sloppy wiring methods, incorrect conductor size and colors are a staple of old cars. Where is the fun if it all works, and is done up right look’en pretty? LOL

I got my Dart home after driving it onto car carrier, hauling it 200 miles, and it not starting once home to unload in driveway… Long story short I filed a 15 gal trash bag 1/3 full with discontinued wire, and ended up rewiring engine bay, replacing bulkhead connector, 90% of brass spade connectors, and half the dash conductors, including rebuilding gage cluster circuit board. This project gave me a good understanding of an A Body’s electrical system. Additional up grades have been added such as relay powered headlights, choke, convertible top, charging bypass, and an under hood power fused distribution block. Now there are no voltage drop problems, and car is very reliable.

-
Back