Wiring diagrams

-

toolmanmike

Staff member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Here is a link to My Mopar's wiring diagrams they have available for free download. I thought this should be a sticky for easy finding when you need.

Wiring – MyMopar

Much better off with the ones in the Factory Service Manuals.
I didn't realize they weren't the factory diagrams. I have a manual for both my cars and haven.t needed the My Mopar ones.

I didn't realize they weren't the factory diagrams. I have a manual for both my cars and haven.t needed the My Mopar ones.
It looks like they've redone the contents. Now its all ZIP files.
Taking a peek inside a couple zips it looks like a variety. For example 1966 has both Dodge factory diagrams and others copied from Mitchel's or Chilton's or similar with no identification or credit cited.

By comparing with the diagrams in the service manuals here Service Manuals – MyMopar it will be apparent which ones are factory.

Chrysler's 1968 MTSC Electrical Wiring filmstrip and booklet explains how to read and use them.
Chrysler Master Technicians Conference – 1968 – MyMopar

In 1974 there was a follow up which can be helpful with the change in diagram format
Chrysler MTSC – 1974 – MyMopar

It looks like they've redone the contents. Now its all ZIP files.
Taking a peek inside a couple zips it looks like a variety. For example 1966 has both Dodge factory diagrams and others copied from Mitchel's or Chilton's or similar with no identification or credit cited.

By comparing with the diagrams in the service manuals here Service Manuals – MyMopar it will be apparent which ones are factory.

Chrysler's 1968 MTSC Electrical Wiring filmstrip and booklet explains how to read and use them.
Chrysler Master Technicians Conference – 1968 – MyMopar

In 1974 there was a follow up which can be helpful with the change in diagram format
Chrysler MTSC – 1974 – MyMopar

That Tech Conference book is gold! Love the video.

Last edited:
I've posted this many times. The MyMopar drawings are nowhere close to, or as detailed as Chrysler ones, BUT they can be a real help as sometimes they are easier to follow.

The download ones are fantastic to see, lets me know what has already been ripped out/routed around, wired wrong and blows the fuse/stock applications, and have shown the wiring kit I got to be as close as I'll get without getting a factory perfect one.
And I have collected and kept diagrams, even my hand written notes, from wayyy back, the Wiring – MyMopar, they are usable. The big one from classicwiring.com isn't as good as the downloadable when it came to our ride. Found this thread for those and I was running again, Haynes had me looking for something I don't have colorwise, faded or otherwise, I don't think the dealer did any of the wiring either...

Here is a link to My Mopar's wiring diagrams they have available for free download. I thought this should be a sticky for easy finding when you need.

Wiring – MyMopar
Thanks that answered a few questions but not the one I would like to know. Both my 74 dart sport 360 and my 74 dart sport 318 rusted to **** parts car have the same #12 wire running from inside the steering column to the field coil harness and capped off. Power in that wire all the time key on or off. Which leads me to WTF

Thanks that answered a few questions but not the one I would like to know. Both my 74 dart sport 360 and my 74 dart sport 318 rusted to **** parts car have the same #12 wire running from inside the steering column to the field coil harness and capped off. Power in that wire all the time key on or off. Which leads me to WTF
Cool. Two cars same year. '74 can be some fun figure out. But at least its a similar puzzle on both. Could be looking at a heavy duty option. Could be looking at a seat belt buzzer or interlock that was removed. Or?
Start a thread about your cars.
State what options each one came with, and show some photos of the firewall and the column connector. Be clear about which car as they could have been optioned differently. Options such as rear defrost effect wiring.
For example this is a big clue.
74_wiring1-jpg.jpg

Actually I use both. Especially 73 and later, the factory ones are sometimes more helpful, sometimes less. They are no longer point to point line drawings starting in 73. The disadvantage of the two page 3rd party ones is that they leave out options, often connectors, etc, and the connectors don't accurately depict what how they appear. Nevertheless, the 3rd party ones are often easier to follow, the correct answer is "both"

Cool. Two cars same year. '74 can be some fun figure out. But at least its a similar puzzle on both. Could be looking at a heavy duty option. Could be looking at a seat belt buzzer or interlock that was removed. Or?
Start a thread about your cars.
State what options each one came with, and show some photos of the firewall and the column connector. Be clear about which car as they could have been optioned differently. Options such as rear defrost effect wiring.
For example this is a big clue.
View attachment 1716077364
Lower and to the passenger side there are 3 plugs thru the firewall, have to double check but centre plug second from bottom drivers side is where the wire goes thru firewall seem to feed or get fed from other things. I’ll take some pics

Lower and to the passenger side there are 3 plugs thru the firewall, have to double check but centre plug second from bottom drivers side is where the wire goes thru firewall seem to feed or get fed from other things. I’ll take some pics
Sorry second from top passenger side. Different type of connector than all the rest

Sorry second from top passenger side. Different type of connector than all the rest
The screw driver is sitting on top of the the wire in question I believe it is in the P location on the diagram I have. Both cars have amp gauge both cars wire dead heads at alternator with power in it key on key off

10390900-F7A1-4951-BA6A-8BDE76C80BFD.jpeg

F6DAC983-A5A7-44AF-B91A-864A46B8C35E.png

P on the center connector comes from alternator, R6 BK from 1974 service manual wiring diagram. Goes inside car to the well known splice in the dash wiring harness.

What do you disagree about?
Pull the camara back and lets seee what is going on, on the firewall.

Finally figured out my question about the dead headed #12 black wire at alternator. It has to do with the alternator option WITHOUT the HD65 amp alt Chrysler used the black wire with the HD alternator they used a heavier red wire and capped the black and taped it into the harness. Puzzle solved. Thanks for the help.

That is why I reproduced the 67-69 Fish drawings in color from the factory drawings. The originals still have some errors.

Please give feedback on issues not related to modifications!

Attachments

• 67 Barracuda Factory WD REV 1.pdf
    72.5 KB · Views: 116
  • 68 Barracuda Factory Wiring REV 2.pdf
    120 KB · Views: 79
  • 69 Barracuda Factory Wiring REV 3.pdf
    127.2 KB · Views: 84
-
Back