wiring for race car

-

moparraceman

Reaction score
does any one make a wiring hardness and 4-5 switches and a starter button in a panel to wire up my 73 -440 duster race car ? or if some one had a wiring diagram for MSD and electronic ignition maybe i could pc something together thanks

does any one make a wiring hardness and 4-5 switches and a starter button in a panel to wire up my 73 -440 duster race car ? or if some one had a wiring diagram for MSD and electronic ignition maybe i could pc something together thanks

You have 4 threads with the same title...
Msd has instructions on their website by PN.
Moroso and many others make switch panels. Call jegs or get on the summit website and type in switch panels.

35B72510-7C97-4917-B907-C4FD01BAC502.jpeg

OH NO/ not another one ! lol

There’s always one.... lol

But to the OP tell us more information.
Is your battery mounted in the trunk?
Do you have a battery cut off switch?
Are you running relays for your electric fuel pump, if so equipped?
There are several ways to to wire a car, using a relay close to the fuel pump can provide full voltage while using a switch to make and break the relays coil, letting the relay take care of a high amp load.
Are you running N2o? A WOT switch should be switching a relay that in turn will be sending power to your nitrous solenoids...
A properly wired battery disconnect switch will de energize the car and the charging/ ignition system.....
What’s your electrical abilities and experience?
MSD has easy to follow wiring diagrams.
Is this a total rewire or are you just looking to add to your existing wiring harness?

You also need a switch that will shut off the engine when the oil pressure drops, in case of some type of accident. Was required in my oval track vehicle.

I had a PowerPoint slide that detailed the wiring on my race car. If I could do it, anyone can. If I can find the file, I'll provide it.

Money well spent when you take into account everything it does plus all the extra wires and relays that it eliminates.

My dirt cars use an on/off switch and a start button, lights for two gauges and a kill switch for the battery. And a dome light.

I'll have to wire in my old analog MSD box this time.

Hard for an old bastard to understand all that new fangled stuff.

PS... Fangled IS a technical term.

-
Back