wiring harness???

-

murph_44

Reaction score
So a year or so ago my fusible link burnt out and melted my wiring harness on my firewall (engine side) trying to find new or used wiring to plug in and do myself was told they dont do the painless kits for the slant 6 or are thry just generic cause i dont wannaa drop 600 on a kit for it not to work or if someone has one laying around thatd be great as well

The firewall connectors are the same. (big alternator = melted connectors)

hay if you havnt found one let me know...theres a junk yard that shut there doors 30 yrs ago up the road from me..went there last week,and theres about 20 darts there..ill see if theres any good wiring left and what he wants for them if there is..should be going there tomorrow. let me know

I believe I have the whole harness for your car. I will look tommorrow and list it cheap if I do Steve

hay if you havnt found one let me know...theres a junk yard that shut there doors 30 yrs ago up the road from me..went there last week,and theres about 20 darts there..ill see if theres any good wiring left and what he wants for them if there is..should be going there tomorrow. let me know

hey man i dont wana steal this thread but do u think there is any side markers for a 71 dodge demon laying around there?? plz let me know it would be a HUGE favor

yea evans are great if you like bad crimps all over it that cause all sorts of problems.

Haven't had any such problems with my harnesses from Evans.

if you want stock then got with the M&H from year one. :)

Uh-huh…y'wanna try guessing again where Year One buys a lot of their harnesses? No names, but their initials are "Evans Wiring".

Haven't had any such problems with my harnesses from Evans.

Uh-huh…y'wanna try guessing again where Year One buys a lot of their harnesses? No names, but their initials are "Evans Wiring".

M&H get most of theirs from american auto wire.. :)

i'm not the only one that had problems with evans garbage. hell just the wiper harness had three bad crimps in it.. wipers worked until i put that eveans garbage in. the car ran well before the evens went in.. found 4 bad crimps in the engine harness that caused the car to just shut off. the harness sucked. i will give him credit for offering my money back though.

Well, okeh, I'll take your word for it. Now that I've said I haven't had a problem with my Evans harnesses, I'm practically guaranteed to have one!
redbeard.gif

Wonder if M&H's partnership with Year One is set up such that they can make special non-stocking variants (\6 engine instead of V8, etc.).

-
Back