Wiring help

-

twayne24365

Reaction score
So I'm trying to fix the hack job mess from the guy that had the car before me. I'm switching to a one wire alternator and msd ignition.

So I know the voltage regulator and ballast resistor get eliminated with the one wire alternator, and the old ignition module is eliminated with the msd, and this is the only thing I can find as far as the ignition module but I've never seen anything like it, it has a pentestar with part number but a search didn't show anything.

Attachments

• IMG_20151103_114819596.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 127
More

Attachments

• 9492.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 140
  • 9491.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 159
That's part of the smog system and can be completely removed also.

Hold on, maybe not.
It looks like on your car the ignition module was right next to that and it has the right colors to possibly be part of the ignition (like a ballast bypass or possibly something to do with the electric choke or both)

I bet Del would know exactly what it is for.

I'm thinking EGR solenoid control.

What are we on? 73? 74? I can't remember OSAC? EGR? Take a standby LOL

It's a 1972 dart swinger, and other than that there was nothing else

Kinda looks like part of the electric choke.... Don't recall seeing one with a power transistor though.

I had the NOX stuff on my 71 in that same location. It looks close to the one I removed from my car. It has to do with the emissions control. Basically, if your on the gas hard the drivers side fender mount turn signal will flash letting you know to let off the throttle.

Well I learned something today, thanks guys, I ended up removing it.

Here's another question for ya, on the bulkhead terminal the middle plug bottom right has a wire that comes out to a round connector that is spliced with another wire going to the starter relay, and guesses?

Attachments

• IMG_20151103_155313679.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 79
I'm sorry, its not the middle bulkhead its the far right bulkhead second wire down.

I tried looking on the schematic but it said there is no wire there lol

-
Back