Wish me luck back surgery 7am Wednesday

-

MY340

Reaction score
Bulging L4-L5 disc that has been giving me severe sciatic nerve pain in my right leg off and on last 4 months. Treatments, shots, exercise, walking chiroprator haven't been able to fix me.

Good surgeon who has done hundreds of them will make a small incision, trim the disc and I'll be home in the afternoon of course doped up on more painkillers. LOL! Sound simple doesn't it? lol!

A few prayers would be appreciated too. :mrgreen:

I had that done a year and a half ago along with some drilling in my vertebrae. A bit more to it than you imply but all in all not a big deal if you have decent pain killers for the 1st 3 or so days. Just don't do anything stupid when you get out. I did which led to another surgery 4 months ago, pedicle scerew fixation and fusion :eek:ops:

Good luck

Best wishes and thoughts-here's to getting back up and healthy ASAP!

Good luck and when you get home and feel great take it very easy and don`t rush it give it time to heel.
ridge

Looking forward to some great news on a successful procedure and a long pain-free outcome.

Grant

Prayers and get well soon. Walking will be the key to get your back stronger,I went through surgery back in 91 and it wasn't microscopic surgery like it is now.

I had an L-5/S-1 fusion and L-5 laminectomy. I put it off for 23 years out of fear. waiting so long left me with permanent nerve damage, but it still reduced the pain by 50%. Get up and get moving as soon as the doc OKs it. I was up 17 hours after surgery! I felt like I'd not moved in 3 weeks when I started. (weak, no endurance, 20 feet left me exhausted) I got stronger quickly but endurance took longer to build up. It's been 3 years and I'm as good as I'll get, I just have to remember no matter how much you feel I'm being a wimp DO NOT ABUSE YOUR BACK! If you have to have repairs done a second time in the same place it will be much worse! Gods blessing on you and your doctors, take care, and let us know your outcome.:angel11: An angel to watch over you.

Thanks everyone for the kind words and prayers. Well the surgery went fine and I'm surprised how well I'm doing already. I came out of it right after they were done, spent an hour in recovery and then went to a room for 5 hrs taking intermittent walks down the hall, had breakfast and was discharged leaving about 3pm. Walking and standing I feel fine but sitting in a chair is tender on the back still if I lean back but that's to be expected. I was able to sleep last night on my side in our bed suprisingly getting some sleep.

Taking Ibuprofen, a muscle relaxer and hydrocodone if needed for the pain but pain is minimal so I'll probably just take the pain pill for a few days. I think the Ibuprofen will do the job after that for any minor soreness.

The surgeon was very happy that everything went well and I'm praying for a full recovery with no future problems. Back issues aren't very fun!

Thanks everyone for the kind words and prayers. Well the surgery went fine and I'm surprised how well I'm doing already. I came out of it right after they were done, spent an hour in recovery and then went to a room for 5 hrs taking intermittent walks down the hall, had breakfast and was discharged leaving about 3pm. Walking and standing I feel fine but sitting in a chair is tender on the back still if I lean back but that's to be expected. I was able to sleep last night on my side in our bed suprisingly getting some sleep.

Taking Ibuprofen, a muscle relaxer and hydrocodone if needed for the pain but pain is minimal so I'll probably just take the pain pill for a few days. I think the Ibuprofen will do the job after that for any minor soreness.

The surgeon was very happy that everything went well and I'm praying for a full recovery with no future problems. Back issues aren't very fun!

That is great news. I wish you a very steady and speedy recovery.

-
Back