WIW

-

Demonracer

71 Demon 00 Ram 16 Chrysler 300S 05 Caravan
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I recently acquired 2 RB Mopar magnetos & am wondering what they are worth. One is a Vertex with a mechanical tach drive & looks to be rebuilt in the inside, new cap & rotor, new points & condenser. The outside housing needs some cleanup, & it will bite you if it's spun. The other is a Vertex, Jack Cotton conversion that use an external coil with no tach drive. From looking at it, it needs to be gone through because the inside parts look pretty old. I also received a Vertex buzz box in order to time a mag, but that's all I know about the box or mags. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

From what I have seen the first one 800-1000 they sell for. Have pics?

I'll get some pictures, PM me your email address & I'll send them to you early next week. I have them in storage away from my house & can't get to them until the weekend.

I sold an RB Taylor/Vertex (with 2 caps and a 426 plug wire set) for $450 faster than It took to write the post 10 years ago. Don't spin it without a load, not good for it or you!

I had it spun up on a distributer machine that a friend has to see if it was a working unit. I ran magnetos back in the 70's in SBC's & I know the will give you quite the surprise. LMAO

-
Back