Wonderful Suprise

-

7172 duster

7172 duster
Legendary Member
Reaction score
We changed the cam in our 414 cid. INDY head stroker ,from .587 lift flat tappet to .683 roller knowing we would gain some more poneys.
the first pull was to 5,700 , making sure the carb was mixing the gasses correctly. Bingo 20 more hp.at just 5,700 ,after setting the timing at 34 degrees , and checking the valves we made a coupel of 7,000 rpm. pulls, she made 603.86 hp. @6,600 and 530.46tq @ 5,700 , a total gain of 50 hp. over the .587. WONDERFUL , the conclusion we came up with INDY heads like lift .

Nice Results! I'm sure the quicker profile of the roller helped some too.

congrats,thats some serious smallblock power! just out of curiosity what kind of fuel?

AWESOME POWER !!!

what kind of times you run in the 1/4 ?

AWESOME POWER !!!

what kind of times you run in the 1/4 ?

I believe he's running mid tens but races mostly 1/8 mile. It's a very sweet ride. Not many people can lay claim to having a 10 sec. street car. :love7:

Thanks for the correction 7172. Good luck tonight and be sure to get some videos for us. 10.20's @ 137 tonight? :)

Hope to see that car in the nines soon, you have been knocking on the door for a while now.

Any plans to change anything else?

We have made several 10.30ish passes this spring , so we hopeto be just a bit faster if every thing works as it should ,
test and tune tonight , wish us well

Happy to hear of your new horsepower gain......The launch on your car gets me every time. Sweeeet

Also, looks like today is your birthday. Maybe you'll dip into the high 20's 8) Good luck and be safe.

slider_bdayparty3.gif

Thats HP at the motor not the wheels right?

Justaskin to make sure!
Lots of power either how!

I bet your stoked!

Nice birthday present !!!

Duster ran 10.20 @ 131.10 with a 60 ft. time of 1.3786
I am loading a video , which I will post this afternoon

100_1183.jpg
[/IMG]

-
Back