Wonderwoody - I am not happy.

-

moper

Reaction score
Sent a Postal MO to him with Priority Mail on 5/13 which has been cashed. He has since dropped out of sight. I googled him as I got nervous. I'm sure at this point the money's gone.

Jay Markland
5821 Mayville Dr
Dayton Ohio 45432

This is the guy. When I'm back in the area I'm going to look him up. Buyers be warned.

What did you buy from him if you don't mind me asking moper ?
I will search and find out, I hope the memorial weekend is the cause of this.

Probably should check him out on google as
his name and Dayton Ohio.

You mailed the MO not even 2 weeks ago?? Lol start the lynch mob....
I hope u get yer stuff but wow....

I sent a money order to PA from Colorado last Tuesday and it already made it there and my parts have already been shipped complete with a tracking number from another member. Just to let the doubters know it does not take weeks on end to complete a transaction. I hope he comes through for you.

You mailed the MO not even 2 weeks ago?? Lol start the lynch mob....
I hope u get yer stuff but wow....

I agree, plus like I said :glasses7: some of us had a 4 day weekend.. let's hope this get's deleted when he gets his stuff

I did a little "googling" and it doesn't look good.

I'll keep it to myself for now, but can add it later if this doesn't get settled...

What you buy? He is not too far from me if you need someone to check on him. Please remember if they sent the item USPS it may take awhile as they are sending everything from here to Columbus for processing.

I think we all need to give our fellow FABO members a little slack. That being said, use pay pal and don't worry. Not everyone is out to screw everyone. Need to have faith, I do. But some are out to screw you, that's just the nature of buying stuff online. MT

What you buy? He is not too far from me if you need someone to check on him. Please remember if they sent the item USPS it may take awhile as they are sending everything from here to Columbus for processing.

I made a high offer for some parts of the 4sp setup he had listed. He had the MO on 5/15, and has since cashed it. However he has not logged on here since 5/15 either so he hasn't returned my PM either. I hope he's just a bad communicator but the fact it was cashed irks me.

Talk to the post office. Mail fraud? Federal offense.

Look we just had a "big" holiday weekend. Some people might have combined this with a few vacation days. I think you are jumping the gun, here.

"At my age" ANYTHING could happen. I could have an attack or stroke any minute. Family emergencies "happen."

Here's the thing. "If he scammed you" a few days isn't going to matter. "It's already happened." If he DID have some glitch that got him "busy," it makes you look like a whiner.

Sorry to hear about this, I've only been burned about 2 times in about 15 years buying and selling online.

I learned that if you dont know the person and is across state lines, you need to use paypal and with the fee.
Even then there is a time limit I believe its like 60 days or something(someone correct me)
That extra fee is what gets you your money back if the sale goes bad.

BTW, I hate to say it but if you can Paypal in this day in age, you probably should be paying anyone online either.

Yeah postal fruad, call the FBI, the BBB. In reality these guys wont go after anything that is not going get them money back for their investment.

One thing YOU can do is have a yelp account. Use their name and address as a store front and give it a bad review and warn others.

Usually forums have "Halls of Shame" for such purposes.

I have sold quite a bit of stuff on here. Its pretty damn easy to stay connected. I let my buyers know when i get payment and ALWAYS get the parts shipped next day and send them tracking. Some people hold themselves to higher standards then others. I considered myself an invested member of this forum so my word has got to be solid.

I got screwed by a seller one time. I was more pissed I did not get the part I needed then losing the money! MT

Business is business. He advertised, we negotiated, I paid, he accepted it (cashed it), and has not communicated with me since. It's really just that simple.

A couple examples:
I bought other parts just before this transaction, the seller was communicative, and it went really smooth.
I have large sections of cars (complete rear quarter sections) in AR that have been paid for for almost 14 months now. When he has a few minutes he'll crate them and ship them. I hear from him every few months and I'm fine with that.

Maybe the questions is at what point has it taken too long to hear back?

I got screwed by a seller one time. I was more pissed I did not get the part I needed then losing the money! MT
I have been screwed more at the buyers hand than sellers on here. And you are correct about not getting the parts. Lots of people don't understand that when you agree to buy something,you would much rather have the part as to keep the money. No matter if you do get a refund,you are back to square one finding the part you need

The thing about buying and selling on a forum like FABO is that if you really do screw someone you get blacklisted and are never trusted again.

All it takes is one F-up and your reputation is shot because we all know we will let EVERYONE know we got screwed. It hopefully keeps the would be shady sellers honest.

Hopefully all is well and you get your parts and its just a misunderstanding.

I hope your transaction works out. Bear in mind it was a long holiday weekend. That, however, does not negate the responsibilities of a seller to communicate and ship in a timely manner.

Anything I sell is boxed up after the pics are taken. That way it is ready to ship immediately when payment is received. I can just picture a disorganized shipper with multiple ads, running around like a headless chicken. That being said, a simple email stating you are a little behind and it will be shipped in a few days isnt that hard.

Dave isn't the only one that has an issue with this seller.

-
Back