Woodward Dreamcruise!!!

-

74valiant

Reaction score
worlds largest one day car show/cruise is happening in two weeks. AUGUST 15th!! approx. 10 or so citys long with a few million people LITERALLY!! every type of car you could imagine from hotrods,motorcycles and imports, to monster trucks and nascar, to hemi powered gas grills and concept cars. should be a great time. cars show up every weekend this month and build up to the one day car show.

LOCATED IN METRO DETROIT

look it up on youtube if you've never been . well worth the trip!! thats easy for me to say as i live a half mile away. but seriously, if you like car shows and cruises, you need to come to this one

hope to see some fabo members there

This is my second year going. My wife even had a good time last year. Only a 4 hour drive for me.

I'm 20 minutes from Woodward and have been taking my 1964 Dart since 2003. I'm going out this Saturday weather permitting and I have 2 vacation days before the cruise. On the cruise day I get out there about 7:00am. It's a long day for me but it's fun. I plan on doing some video too. Jayson

metrobeach1.jpg

I will be up with my son in the 66 project. She aint pretty but looks will come in time. I have a guy at work making me a super stock looking scoop for it that he says may be done by the 14th so I can get it welded on before going.

I'm 20 minutes from Woodward and have been taking my 1964 Dart since 2003. I'm going out this Saturday weather permitting and I have 2 vacation days before the cruise. On the cruise day I get out there about 7:00am. It's a long day for me but it's fun. I plan on doing some video too. Jayson

Hey Jayson, Is your car Mini tubbed? Can you give me a description of what was done to get that stance? Looks great! Sorry to hijack the thread a little bit.

Hey Jayson, Is your car Mini tubbed? Can you give me a description of what was done to get that stance? Looks great! Sorry to hijack the thread a little bit.
Hello, Yes it has been mini tubbed. Leaf springs are on center of the frame rails. I put three holes in the weld in relocation boxes 1" apart so I could adjust the height. Tires are 28 by12.5 out back and 26 by 5 up front. Jayson

Can you tell me more about it.. I will be headed up there saturday morning and staying the night and coming home on Sunday. Where are the places to be?? Any words of advice?? Is it worth getting there EARLY? or is noon or so still ok??

Thanks..

get there as early as you can. theres more than a days worth of things to see, so unless your gonna stay around the same place, come early. go to 13 and woodward. thats the epicenter. pontiac is good from what ive heard too. any place is good though!!

The middle section (roughly 12 mile road up through downtown Birmingham) is the most popular. That means the most cars, but also the most people and congestion.

If you just want to walk and see a bazillion cars parked on display, then around 13 mile is the place to start.
If you want to drive, or see more cars moving in the street, I'd recomend either going farther North or South.
Definitely get there as early as possible, as the traffic congestion gets worse in the afternoon/evening.
On the other hand, no matter where you go, or when you are there, you will see more cool cars than you can imagine.

I've got the front end torn apart in the Dart, so will be driving my '65 300 Convertible again. 8)

hey a friend of mine and our wives went up yesterday and it was a blast, it was our second year going. my dart didnt quite make it this year...shooting for next year as a goal to bring it in presentable shape. man i love it though, biggest car show ever. It was hot so alot of guys werent really running due to overheating problems but man was it awesome. only saw a handful of mopars though unfortunately. people from all over though which is really great for the sport. We were parked at 9 mile and woodward in the middle of road under one of the trees. simply awesome!

Can you tell me more about it.. I will be headed up there saturday morning and staying the night and coming home on Sunday. Where are the places to be?? Any words of advice?? Is it worth getting there EARLY? or is noon or so still ok??

Thanks..
Woops sorry I just checked the forum today a little late for advice. Hope you enjoyed the cruise. It was a super hot day but still cool to see if you've never seen it. Jayson

I found the hotels near DTW airport were priced most reasonably, and it was a fairly easy ride to downtown on I 94 just get off at the Woodward ave exit.
But it is a good ways still to follow Woodward ave all the way to Pontiac where the turnaround is located. I made the trip in 2005, really want to go again but it is a 10 hr ride from VA.

im goin this year as always. the best spot is anywhere from 11 mile to 15 mile. the route is citys long so there is always something new to see, but the most action happens in that area. specifically at 13 mile where memorial park is. id suggest calling local hotels now and reserving a spot now if they are available. otherwise, a short trip can be made from the metro detroit area to get there. towards the end of the night, go down to pontiac if you want to see some action. the cops are leniant out there and burnouts and such go late into the night

my 48 imperial limo i drove on woodward,always full of hippie girls,best time of my life

48limo deadend.JPG

48Limo small 715.JPG

I will be there last year I was there in a primered 74 dart this year it looks like this

019.jpg

018.jpg

Check this issue of Muscle Car Review. A friend just bought the green Challenger on the cover. It looks the same as it did in 96' toolman

-
Back