Worst enemy?

-

magnumdart

There is a bad moon on the rise.
Reaction score
Got a worst enemy? Suggest they try this.
Your own worst enemy...Probably gonna do it yourself.
20200610_163607.jpg

Ok so it’s a double overhead cam engine what’s the issue :drama:

Ok so it’s a double overhead cam engine what’s the issue :drama:
The biggest issue is "Timing"....................................you have to choose the right time to take it apart and the right time to put it back together. So "Timing" is very important if you want the engine to work correctly. You must use special great care and "Timing" when you're installing the chains. So choose your correct assembly time, it can be day or night, it can be 2PM or 8PM as long your "Timing" is correct!!! So, to conclude...................No issues as long as you have the correct "Timing" when you assemble the engine!! :rofl:

Last edited:
After my 98, 4.0 V6 PUSHROD Ranger got wrecked by State Effing Farm, the thing that decided me against replacing it with a newer one was the cam drive replacement. Crank drives jack shaft which runs through the block where the old cam rode. second chain drives from front of jackshaft to one cam on front. Same drive is on REAR of opposite head, so a REAR chain drives from the jackshaft to the second head. Some? All? engines have a balance shaft so there are FOUR timing chains and of course one in the rear...........you pull the engine.

After my 98, 4.0 V6 PUSHROD Ranger got wrecked by State Effing Farm, the thing that decided me against replacing it with a newer one was the cam drive replacement. Crank drives jack shaft which runs through the block where the old cam rode. second chain drives from front of jackshaft to one cam on front. Same drive is on REAR of opposite head, so a REAR chain drives from the jackshaft to the second head. Some? All? engines have a balance shaft so there are FOUR timing chains and of course one in the rear...........you pull the engine.
Yes those are disgusting , cheeped to get a reman engine.

I bought my wife a 4 door Dakota, and got it dirt cheap because the 4.7 was locked up. None of the local and reliable machine shops that will also assemble an engine would touch it! They said they would do the machine work, but politely passed on putting it together. I ended up buying a remanned engine from Powertrain Inc. and couldn't be happier with it. Runs great and they gave me a 7 year no fault warranty.

GM 3.6L High Feature.
Such a thrill.
Ah first off drop engine and cradle out the bottom then start on the rest of the mess ! Done a couple of those but just leaking timing covers.

Ah first off drop engine and cradle out the bottom then start on the rest of the mess ! Done a couple of those but just leaking timing covers.
That would be great, but when I sold my house the shop went with it. Did it all in the car. Thermostat, water pump, belt, tensioner, idler, chains and sprockets, rear shocks, O2's, upper and lower hoses, battery, blah, blah, blah. I don't want to do it again. My only concern is when I get it back together it won't run. I'm not sure how much of its memory it will lose.

That would be great, but when I sold my house the shop went with it. Did it all in the car. Thermostat, water pump, belt, tensioner, idler, chains and sprockets, rear shocks, O2's, upper and lower hoses, battery, blah, blah, blah. I don't want to do it again. My only concern is when I get it back together it won't run. I'm not sure how much of its memory it will lose.
If its all right , cycle the key a couple of times it’ll flash right up make a little noise and be quiet after that .

Got a worst enemy? Suggest they try this.
Your own worst enemy...Probably gonna do it yourself.View attachment 1715543902
I feel your pain. 3.5L Nissan Altima Have to pull front and rear valve covers, intake etc. the secondary chain tensioners bolt down vertically under the front cam caps, also requires removale of oil pan to access two lower timming cover bolts that are vertical from the bottom.
IMG_2066.JPG

Just so everyone knows, the engineer that made this stuff caught his wife sleeping with a mechanic !

-
Back