Worthless people.

-

Cope

Fusing with fire
Reaction score
I just got back from a vacation in Monterey Ca. Me and my lady stayed in a very nice hotel right on the water. It was great.

Last night about 12:45 AM my women woke me up. There was a women screaming out side. Now note, we were on the 3rd floor with the balcony door closed.

I could clearly hear her screaming for help.
I jumped into some pajama pants and got in the elevator, ran into the lobby and told the night desk clerk to call police and EMS. she asks? Is there a problem?

I responded "theres a women screaming for help out side! Make the call now!"

I ran out front to find a homeless women heavy on the nod, she must have yelled for help as she knew she was ODIng.
As I started to respond and run through her initial assessment she blacked out, eyes rolled back and fell over backwards.

I did a vigorous sternum rub that brought her back and rolled her on her side, tilted her head back and made sure she was still breathing.

She keeps going in and out so I'm rubbing her back and trying to get her to talk to me when a very over weight night gaurd comes over and ask, are you a guest here?

I replied "Yes, is there an ETA for EMS?"
He replied "well we didn't call them, shes not on our property so theres nothing we can do."

I dont recall exactly what I said but, there was a string of words I save for special occasions and some comments about him. I think he could tell by the look on my face that if he didn't do what I said there was gonna be problems. I think he knew that the EMT were soon gonna have two patients if he didn't get his *** in gear.

He got on the radio and requested EMS. a few minutes later fire rescue showed up and took over.

The The night desk clerk and night gaurd would have just let that women die.

I made sure to let the check out desk know what I thought of their night crew on check out. Not that it will make a difference but someone should know the character of those people.

While I'm no fan of drug users I'm not one to stand around and let someone die.
I mean what the hell is wrong with people?

Some people just suck. Great for you to jump into action and do what was right.

That was a great thing you did. You cannot make people do the right thing. Some people just don't get it.

I was blown away. We were way up high with all the doors and windows closed and it woke my lady up.

So out of EVERYONE in the hotel other folks had to have known something was wrong and not a single person did anything.

That's just crazy.

I get it, not everyone is trained in first aid but it dont take special training to call 911.

I just got back from a vacation in Monterey Ca. Me and my lady stayed in a very nice hotel right on the water. It was great.

Last night about 12:45 AM my women woke me up. There was a women screaming out side. Now note, we were on the 3rd floor with the balcony door closed.

I could clearly hear her screaming for help.
I jumped into some pajama pants and got in the elevator, ran into the lobby and told the night desk clerk to call police and EMS. she asks? Is there a problem?

I responded "theres a women screaming for help out side! Make the call now!"

I ran out front to find a homeless women heavy on the nod, she must have yelled for help as she knew she was ODIng.
As I started to respond and run through her initial assessment she blacked out, eyes rolled back and fell over backwards.

I did a vigorous sternum rub that brought her back and rolled her on her side, tilted her head back and made sure she was still breathing.

She keeps going in and out so I'm rubbing her back and trying to get her to talk to me when a very over weight night gaurd comes over and ask, are you a guest here?

I replied "Yes, is there an ETA for EMS?"
He replied "well we didn't call them, shes not on our property so theres nothing we can do."

I dont recall exactly what I said but, there was a string of words I save for special occasions and some comments about him. I think he could tell by the look on my face that if he didn't do what I said there was gonna be problems. I think he knew that the EMT were soon gonna have two patients if he didn't get his *** in gear.

He got on the radio and requested EMS. a few minutes later fire rescue showed up and took over.

The The night desk clerk and night gaurd would have just let that women die.

I made sure to let the check out desk know what I thought of their night crew on check out. Not that it will make a difference but someone should know the character of those people.

While I'm no fan of drug users I'm not one to stand around and let someone die.
I mean what the hell is wrong with people?
Wish I could say that surprises me. But not really. People suck....
500_F_43913469_JGRZ29DUJte4bJwfdjflY7aQZ0jN1d8A.jpg

Great job, good thing you were there, no telling how many other people saw it and did nothing.

So you can't tow a car out of a ditch but you can save the life of an OD victim with vigerous physical contact? What a strange world. I hope she remembers what you did for her.

So you can't tow a car out of a ditch but you can save the life of an OD victim with vigerous physical contact? What a strange world. I hope she remembers what you did for her.

She may not, but God will.

You may have been put in that circumstance for a reason ,
HOPE U DON`T FORGET IT !
Reminds me of a time , my neighbors daughter called me and asked me to go across the street and check on her mother. They had been talking on the phone when her mother evidently started passing out. I went across and the front door was locked, went around to the back door, it was locked so I broke it open, to find the woman passed out on her bed, she was turning purple , I had no clue what to do or went blank, but a women that works in the county sheriffs office saw me going across the street and go around back, followed me and put an oxygen machine on her that was standing in the corner , called the ambulance , the woman lived a few more yrs after that. ????????????

Last edited:
Does the title of the thread refer to the "homeless" woman on drugs, the hotel employees, or both?
I'm asking since it must refer to someone of no value.
Now, there's a question to ponder.

Just know that doing the right thing will not go unnoticed or recognized, by God, or your family and friends, us included. Thank you for stepping in when nobody else cared, you are a true hero!

Thanks.

I'm no hero, just a guy who's a trained as a first responder and not one to pull the covers over my head when the poo hits the rotary ventilation device.

:)

Rotary venta....who?
Oh boy...got a real live one.lol

Yeah...shame on them desk and security people, I mean...a taser string to the teetles would have woke her up too. Just saying.

Great job stepping up. People are so focused on their own livelihood that they fail to notice anyone else around them. Very sad, selfish world we live in.

Does the title of the thread refer to the "homeless" woman on drugs, the hotel employees, or both?
I'm asking since it must refer to someone of no value.
Now, there's a question to ponder.
Imo the title is aimed towards the people who was gonna let her die.
Just because someone is homeless or a drug addict does not mean they are worthless or have no value. A homeless drug addict probably wouldn't turn their back and let someone die!!

Wtf is wrong with ppl smh!!
Good job cope!! Glad you stepped in and saved her! Hopefully your actions will help her realize the same she is in and turn her life around and seek help. I pray she does anyway. It so sad to see people waste their lives on drugs.

you guys are old enough to remember the murder of Kitty Genovese, arent you?

1964!! Nope my dad was 2 years old!! Haha
That is a horrible story tho!!

You were at the right place at the right time for a reason. Who knows what role she will play now before her time is through. If there were more people like you the world would be a better place.

People of good conscience always leap forward to do what is right because for them, there is no other choice.

People who have no self-worth cower in fear and denial, unwilling to do what is right because it scares them to inaction for fear of reprisal.

This time the two met..and good conscience won.

Well done.

Last edited:
-
Back