WOW!!!! I hope this doesn't come true

-
Oh no! Wow that really sucks! I'm so over this coronavirus crap. I'm sick of it I want things to go back to normal. I'm sick of the masks, sick of everything being closed and canceled, sick of worrying about it, sick of the shipping times and delays, tired of hearing and seeing it everywhere I'm just over it ugh!

I don't get it. Dragway42 is open, Columbus is open, Magnolla is open, Quaker City opens this wednesday for testing and racing this weekend. All Ohio tracks too.

Wasn’t it SMP that was going to open early and ignore all the crap? Or was that a different track? They are running super cross without spectators and at the same venue for 7 straight races. It’s getting to the point of ignorance killing business for a pig in a poke at best.

Wasn’t it SMP that was going to open early and ignore all the crap? Or was that a different track? They are running super cross without spectators and at the same venue for 7 straight races. It’s getting to the point of ignorance killing business for a pig in a poke at best.

Ya that was Bill being Bill. He was frustrated and caring for himself and his employees many of those working their for well over twenty years.

Friend of mine said he got to take his first pass with all his new improvements yesterday. He shot me a time slip and said that we're racing both days this weekend but my motor is scattered all over my garage... I thought it would still be a couple more weeks.... You can tell it was a first pass of the year he was falling asleep at the line...
IMG952626~2.jpg

Friend of mine said he got to take his first pass with all his new improvements yesterday. He shot me a time slip and said that we're racing both days this weekend but my motor is scattered all over my garage... I thought it would still be a couple more weeks.... You can tell it was a first pass of the year he was falling asleep at the line...
View attachment 1715538894
Looks like you need to add about 2 more buttons to keep up with your friends.... holy smokes, when they talk are you just bringing them pop and snacks? :poke:
wait.... if this was my posting I'd be hearing "always posting other peoples 9 second ET slips :rolleyes:
:lol:

Oh no! Wow that really sucks! I'm so over this coronavirus crap. I'm sick of it I want things to go back to normal. I'm sick of the masks, sick of everything being closed and canceled, sick of worrying about it, sick of the shipping times and delays, tired of hearing and seeing it everywhere I'm just over it ugh!

Liberals are getting their GREEN DEAL - but hey: Street racing is making a comeback! :)

I personally think the old normal will never be again. Now that people in Goverment know how to control us, the power will get to their head.

Liberals are getting their GREEN DEAL - but hey: Street racing is making a comeback! :)

I personally think the old normal will never be again. Now that people in Goverment know how to control us, the power will get to their head.
I have been thinking that too! But gosh I hope your wrong lol.

Looks like you need to add about 2 more buttons to keep up with your friends.... holy smokes, when they talk are you just bringing them pop and snacks? :poke:
wait.... if this was my posting I'd be hearing "always posting other peoples 9 second ET slips :rolleyes:
:lol:
Disagreed! LOL if that was one of your friends it would be a Chevy! :D...

Me too! all but the street racing. I hope that keeps up!
Not a huge fan of street racing. I don't mind it if it's set up correctly and the roads are blocked off etc but I dont like street racing when other cars are traveling around on the same roads that's just dangerous. I got a good friend that is big into it he has his own street club I am a member but never have attended any races they travel everywhere! They where in Mexico a few weeks ago. I'm not sure how they do it but they have all the roads blocked off and hundreds of people in attendance. I bet the people that have to travel down those roads to get to ans from home are pissed about it. Idk maybe they have permission to do it?

Not a huge fan of street racing. I don't mind it if it's set up correctly and the roads are blocked off etc but I dont like street racing when other cars are traveling around on the same roads that's just dangerous. I got a good friend that is big into it he has his own street club I am a member but never have attended any races they travel everywhere! They where in Mexico a few weeks ago. I'm not sure how they do it but they have all the roads blocked off and hundreds of people in attendance. I bet the people that have to travel down those roads to get to ans from home are pissed about it. Idk maybe they have permission to do it?

Typically its done late at night behind an industrial park or freeway on / off ramps that are long. Plenty of room for "heads up" so civilians dont get hurt or are even around for that matter. Too many people on the roads all hours now by me but the motorcycles race any where there is a straight strip of highway, its a tad harder but like all most all American we figure a way to make it happen.
that's why we are Americans, and not British or French or Dutch or where ever... Our founding Fathers were bad as$es and said "we dont play by your rules we play by ours!" that spirit still lives on today with all walks of life in our home- AMERICA. (cut to patriotic music.)
:usflag:

I'm so over this coronavirus crap. I'm sick of it I want things to go back to normal. I'm sick of the masks, sick of everything being closed and canceled, sick of worrying about it, sick of the shipping times and delays, tired of hearing and seeing it everywhere I'm just over it ugh

I get it! but tell it to my friend who's boyfriend died of it and he was not in a high risk category.

That is one way to see it.
Another is that strong minded individuals will be even harder to fool next time.

Richmond Dragway (Richmond, VA.) announced today that because of our situation and constraints in the state he is not opening the track at any level right now. It's a business and has to operate at a profit and even though there is an equation to keeping things going at a break-even level it's just doesn't make sense.

Bad deal for all involved. Never been a hardcore gotta race every weekend guy but it is the soul of many people and fans alike. Everyone just needs to be safe, smart, and get beyond this. It will come around. This won't relinquish man's love for cars..... Just a slight diversion lol.....

JW

Personally I think it would be cool to build a Mad Max car & drive thru the protest crowds just to see what a reaction you would get !

Are you guys still required to wear Mask out in public?

JW
Nope. Actually they are finding out people are getting sick from wearing them to much. Dentist are seeing bacteria infections of the mouth & doctors are seeing bacterial lung infections from overuse of mask

The "experts" didn't seem to be any smarter than the average citizen.

I get it! but tell it to my friend who's boyfriend died of it and he was not in a high risk category.

The flu kills thousands every year. Even those not a high risk. If the media didn’t blow it out of proportion it would be no different than any other year.

The flu kills thousands every year. Even those not a high risk. If the media didn’t blow it out of proportion it would be no different than any other year.

What's the scoop on the tracks near you? Our other local track (Virginia Motorsports Park) is in a holding pattern but they want to fire back up.

JW

Mokan dragway in asbury MO is up running. Their first event was a test and tune a few weeks ago, I’ve never seen so many people there. Took the scamp down and made a couple passes. Last Saturday was the “mopars invade” event.... lots of people and cars. A few folks wearing masks but not many. Car show, swap meet, time runs and some brackets later on, just like normal.

-
Back