Wow is all I have to say.....Rock Auto

-
...or the 40 cent more expensive part is at the same warehouse as your other parts and saves $8 in shipping.

I have had very good luck w rocksuto. Mistakes happen. Of course that doesnt make you feel any better. I find that when i order from them i try to order multiple items i need and try to get em all from same warehouse so my shippings cheaper. I currently have everything in a shopping cart to redo rear brakes on the 8.8 exploder axle that will go under my sons car. New rotors, pads, hardware kit, pins, e brake shoes, e brake hardware , rubber flex brake lines. All shipping from one location $75 plus $16 shipping and 5% off discount. Way cheaper than i could have gotten from local Vatozone.

I had em send me a master cylinder assembly one time. It came sealed in its bag , but no reservoir or paperwork. I called em back. They asked if i wanted a reservoir or a replacement master cylinder. I said a replacement master cylinder, and do i need to return this one. Their response was keep it, we will just send you another one no charge.

Also got some screaming closeout deals from them. Everything to rebuild the front brakes on my sons 69 barracuda. Went with 'doba big rotors, and M body calipers. Got dust seals, caliper seal rebuild kits, raybestos severe duty pads, new bendix chromed metal pistons to replace M body trouble prone fiber type pistons, brake flex lines, master cylinder, caliper hardware kit, etc. Everything was on closeout. Shipped from same location even pulled the 5% discount to add insult to injury. I think i spent maybe $50 for everything lol.

I will continue to use em. I can search for exactly what i need on their site and not deal with parts counter help, which nowadays 9 times outta 10 are not really a help.

Last edited:
I priced parts to reseal and rebuild brakes /hardware for my 8-1/4” sg.
Shipping killed it.
My local parts supplier is cheaper.
Factor in frustration for wrong/defective parts im better off dealing at home.

I did order a motor for my manlift online,it was dirt cheap. Now if ups could get their act together...
They holding it,couldnt contact me. B.S! Didnt contact me.

The only time I ordered anything from Rock Auto, I had to send 1/2 the order back. Ordered rear struts and springs for the wife’s car, the struts were alright, the springs were some universal spring that was not tapered like the original and would not seat in the upper mount, it was bigger than the mount! 1/2 the price of the dealership, but for the wrong part, so it turned a one day job into a one week job, and I took the day off to do it, so......

Rock???? I have to hunt and peck. If I order 3 parts, they would come from 3 different warehouses, and charge me stupid $ for shipping too. 95% of the time, I get my parts from Summit, Jegs, O reilly, NAPA, EvilBay. Never from Classic, Year One, Auto Zone, etc et etc
I have a bunch of stuff from rock auto in my shopping cart from the same warehouse. You have to check and sometimes remove and put in a different part number for the same item. Like brakepads or brake hardware for instance. Also look for the little pic of the shipping truck next to the items your searching. That means it ships from same location as items in your cart. I tend to find brake parts you can usually search them to come from the same warehouse if your not too picky on brands.

-
Back