Wow new V8 pedal

-
Un freakin belivable! Early A's are getting attention! Took long enough!

Nice find. I don't see me getting one, but still nice to see.

Looks like you still need the part that bolts to the floor and a pin for the pivot and the hard plastic piece at the top[.

I saw a reproduction rear bumper rubber filler piece too. Jayson

Un freakin belivable! Early A's are getting attention! Took long enough!

thats a good and bad thing. good that parts may be available but it also means that early abodies are getting more popular which means they are just going to go up in price..

If that means more of them are saved and fewer are crushed and parted out, then that is a good thing.

Picked up one of the repro.pedals, very nice quality!

thats a good and bad thing. good that parts may be available but it also means that early abodies are getting more popular which means they are just going to go up in price..

Yup Thats a shame we can get parts and possibly re-coupe some of the money we have in them.

I am curious, will the original pedal from slant 6 1966 (rod throttle type) compare to this new v8 version? do they interchange?

somewhere in the distance a swap meet vendor is screaming, the crate he has of used one is now worthless

I wouldn't say worthless. The parts you need to actually bolt it I to a car and use it are still needed. I think a used one is still a smart buy. How many worn out gas pedals have you seen? Brake pedal pads wear out.

Also original stuff is always worth something. In many cases I'd rather have a worn original that a repop. Not all that easy to find these for early A's though.

Might finally breakdown and buy this repro pedal since I am finding it impossible to locate a used one anywhere. Will this attach to my current pivot and bolts from my original pedal?
I have the 66 dart, slant with the rod type pedal. Trying to make the switch to Super Six, and I have everything ready to go , except the damn pedal. I even have the pedal assembly for the firewall, just not the pedal.

were the originals studded? Im too tired to look under mine...

There is a pedal repop I have found AP25D which looks like the right pedal, but description reads B body. It has the floor piece as well. anyone confirm or deny that this will work?
http://www.partsmix.com/mopar-62-64...d-65-belvedere-coronet-gas-pedal-accelerator/

much less expensive than the other eBay link, which doesnt include the pivot/floor piece.
like 50% less.

http://www.partsmix.com/mopar-62-64-dart-savoy-fury-330-440-b-body-and-65-belvedere-coronet-gas-pedal-accelerator/

The photo looks correct I would ask the dimensions before buying though.

Ok, so help please.
I broke down and ordered the Repro (after being outbid on a used pedal for the last time).
Got the pedal and it is solid. However it is same exact length as my old rod-type pedal. I wrote the eBay guy and asked. He says the 2 pedals are the same except for how they mount? I was under the impression that the v8 pedal is 1 inch longer so it hits the flapper.

Am I mistaken? Because if the pedals are the same in length, then there is no reason why I cant modify my current pedal to work with the flapper. Please help.
thanks
gdiz
can anyone confirm or deny what I am saying?

If that means more of them are saved and fewer are crushed and parted out, then that is a good thing.

Picked up one of the repro.pedals, very nice quality!
That's typically the way it works. Honestly being RWD cars that's a lot to go for them anyway. (cheap, easy to work on whether it'll be a rusty winter rat with a smog motor swap or a pro-street car) It's good- it really won't drive up their bottom line much most likely though it may drive up the top end since more items like that make it easier to make it flawless.

-
Back