Not open for further replies.

mopardude62

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Contact seller
I'm putting new leaf springs on my 1967 Barracuda and thought while I was under there with everything apart I'd try to find a factory sway bar to bolt on.

I would need everything, the brackets that fit between the spring and axle for the link ends, the brackets that mount to the body and the bar itself.

If anyone has this complete set-up and would like to part with it, please PM me. Thanks!

The only factory rear sway bar that I'm aware of were installed on '76 police package Darts and Valiants which are so few that finding one will be difficult. The easiest to mount subtitutes I've found are 82-86 approx GM camero/firebird ones. Variety of diameters available as well. I especially like the mid to late 70's AMC hornet/Concord rear bar but they are only slightly easier to find than the police rear bar. Best of luck in your search.

Well I'm not gonna go broke trying to find something ultra rare. I was hoping to find a complete one for around $150-$200. However, I may have misjudged the availability. I haven't been out on their website recently but I'm pretty sure I can get a new factory looking one from Firm Feel for $300 or maybe a little more.

Honestly, I'm taking the rear end out to replace the sagging rear springs and thought while I had it out and needed new u-bolts anyway, I could have some slightly longer u-bolts made and install the sway bar mounting plate at the same time. At least that part would be done and I could look for the bar and body mounts without being in a hurry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back