WTB rallye dash circuit board

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you have one that is damaged in some way ? If so, maybe I can help.

Everyone has there own method of repairing these things.
I suppose you have seen the reproduction boards. The are pretty but they're not constructed much better than OEM. There pins are soldered so if they pull out they will likely pull the trace off with them.
A small amount of di-electric lubricant can help.
Good luck

Everyone has there own method of repairing these things.
I suppose you have seen the reproduction boards. The are pretty but they're not constructed much better than OEM. There pins are soldered so if they pull out they will likely pull the trace of with them.
A small amount of di-electric lubricant can help.
Good luck

Thanks, I definitely want an original part. If I get another I might spend a little time trying a fix at the old one.

If you would ever see one repaired the proper way you would never buy another.

They are unbreakable when done correct. Brass machine screws , Nuts , and solder. Did them for years back in the day for mechanics that were a little to rough on parts

I Covered the fix with solder so they didn't see the threads and screw slot. The cost is $3.99 for 50 indestructible pins/screws and $1.99 for the nuts. Solder the base and your done.

Now someone do it take some pics and claim the idea. LOL

They are unbreakable when done correct. Brass machine screws , Nuts , and solder. Did them for years back in the day for mechanics that were a little to rough on parts

I Covered the fix with solder so they didn't see the threads and screw slot. The cost is $3.99 for 50 indestructible pins/screws and $1.99 for the nuts. Solder the base and your done.

Interesting

So that would be a #4-40 machine screw ? With a head small enough to fit inside the relief cast in the housing ? Hex nuts that would fit between the pins spacing ? Got pics ?

Now that would make a nice fix! Excellent info! :sign7:

Oh yeah Longgone , I do have ralley dashes and harnesses from all years. They may have good boards been sitting for a long time on the shelf and may have gotten bumped. some are blue and some are green boards.

Oh yeah Longgone , I do have ralley dashes and harnesses from all years. They may have good boards been sitting for a long time on the shelf and may have gotten bumped. some are blue and some are green boards.

Thank you, I bought one from Eddie but your method for repairing the boards is excellent, I'm anxious to give it a go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back