WTF is this???

-

Red63440

Olddawg
Reaction score
Got photo today of this and I thought WTF......bad linkage, wrong linkage.......very disappointed.

Carblinkage.jpg

The small bracket on the carb linkage is welded on....obviously incorrect>|???

Missing the spring to hold the rear of the 'kickdown' slot against the throttle stud.

The obvious answer to the question asked by the thread title is “A ClusterF...!”.

I will admit I had to do something like that to a truck to get me to work two keep from burning up the trans, hard times make for some rigging till I could get to a junk yard for parts.

Adapter bracket on a carb that is not supposed to require one.... and then, to top it off, it appears to be spaced. not to mention the return spring is way out in left field. I wonder what keeps the throttle cable anchored ?

That is what is called folk art.

As in folks it would be a real work of art to get this functioning correctly.

I would go back there by the distributor take that cotter pin out of that linkage rod flip it a hundred and eighty degrees and then put it back in to that bellcrank on the opposite side that it is on now and put the pin back in it.

lets all sing along... M - I - C - K- E - Y M - O - U - S - E

How about trying to come up with a solution as far as what carb will work. Would a 1406 or 1906 work in this instance for an automatic, just a cruiser.

Last edited:
I think a good start would be getting the correct throttle cable/intake bracket installed that way you can get a better idea of the correct geometry going to the carb.

Mancini racing carries several different throttle cable/transmission rod brackets. Retrofitting a cable setup from a magnum may be an option, and if you want to go all out Bouchillion performance offers a cable kickdown kit based on the Magnum. But I’ll check. Know someone with some factory brackets who more than likely has a set up from a 318 or 360 four barrel truck setup.

More pics please, that looks like someone has backyard engineered a factory two barrel throttle bracket while blindfolded.

-
Back