Yanmar 32HP track hoe. need repair help

-

SGBARRACUDA

ROY
Legendary Member
Reaction score
I have a little Yanmar Track hoe I bought for my grandson to play on. It had a #3 rod kicked out the side of the block. So I located a diesel 3 cyl used engine and installed it. little thing works great. And other than having to have seals replaced in a few cylinders, it works great. Well it developed a problem, the grease fitting that tightens the rubber track up on one side you can pump it tight with grease but as soon as you move the hoe it starts to loosen up right away. The actual name on it is Dong-Eun. It is a Japanese import, model number JAKO- 007 and is a 2002 model. I can not find any info on it on the net. I'm thinking a seal is blown. Any equipment mechanics on here that can explain to me how to replace this seal? Thanks in advance.

2B04386F-723E-4D8E-814D-F844990D53D9.jpeg

A0F9EE75-56B3-4DBD-BF36-AFE94585340A.jpeg

There should be a relief valve you can loosen to allow any excess psi(grease) out of it.
Rotate machine perpendicular to the track that has problem so you can use the dipper to prop/jack that track up off the ground. BE CAREFUL!
Not sure if track needs to be removed to remove cylinder? I bet the seal on the cylinder is shot.
Could be something as simple as lousy grease nipple but I figger you would have checked that?

Be careful, grease psi can be extremely high! Is there a removable side cover on the track?
When I worked for CAT, it was common to get calls from customers with offshore(SHINCAT) machines. It was a crapshoot when ordering parts.
Also find a North American model closest to yours and use that model and s/n for reference.
These things I no nothing about.

Well I have a friend who says he knows how to fix it so we will see. I don't know if the cover is removable. I don't think the piston is under pressure as the affected track is loose.

-
Back