Year 1 reproduction radiators

-

cuda1967

Reaction score
year one offers a-body 3 core big block m/t radiators. Any experiences of these, or even some pics to share.

I've had one in my car for about 5 years now and I would not recommend it. The paint chipped off within 2 weeks, it's crazy heavy, and the side caps came undone from the top about a year ago. It does a decent job of cooling, but there are a lot better, lighter radiators out there for the same price or less.

I have a YO repro radiator in my 68 Charger - as Wish4hemi said, the paint chipped off right away and looked terrible - I just took it out last summer to strip and repaint. No stamp markings, but I got mine 10 years ago - they may have the right stampings now. Other than that, I think they look identical to an original.

In terms of performance, it does the job - no complaints.

Thanks. I had seen the correct ones were coming out. I wasn't sure what YO was offering.

$1000 for a correct reproduction radiator is a bit high in my book.

The repops are by Glen-ray around 1K, I have a 68 BB, M/T radiator if your interested, its for a b-body 383/440 but should look a lot better than aftermarket. # 043

well, mailed year 1 and those radiators dont have stampings but otherwise should look correct.

Is there other repro radiators outhere....maybe little cheaper than year one

Do you have your stock one? You could have it rebuilt.

yes I have, but it´s 273 cid radiator, and I´m building 440 cid (about +500 horsepower)....

maybe I´ll try to find used 22" radiator and rebuilt it, but those dont fall from heaven here (FINLAND) 8), or buy an aluminum one and paint it black

-
Back