Year One dash pad

-

BigRichieO

Colorado Mopar
Reaction score
I've had a hard time trying to find used parts in my area in decent condition at a reasonable price so have resorted to going to the Year One catalog. They have a new or reproduction A-body dash pad, has anyone out there purchased one of these units and what did you think of it quality and value was it worth it or should I keep trying on line or maybe e-bay?

Thanks

Rich

A friend of mine got one for his (note mopar) chev.It worked out well.It is now about six years old and looks as good as the day we put it in.If you get in touch with year one they will send you color samples and you can get a match color wise to match you car interior.Good luck

Dusterb318 where did you get your dashpad cover? Was it from Accuform?

I got mine from Harden's Muscle Car WOrld at one of the Chrysler Classic events a couple of years back.....any of the Mopar restoration vendors should carry them.

1 more question dusterb318, I see you have hood pins on your A body. Could you please tell me the length of the lanyards and where did you attach the lanyard to , not at the snap pin, but on the rad support, exactly. I posted the question but no responses yet.

My dash looked like the ones someone had posted at the link here............
http://www.moparmusclemagazine.com/howto/5139_dashboard_rebuild/photo_05.html

I took my dash pad off and took it to a very talented upholsterer and they covered it and fixed the gashes & cracks in it for $35.00!! This lady did a Great :thumbup: job!! I picked out the texture I wanted and she did the rest.
Maybe check with some of the upholster's in your area and see what they have and cost. Also get some references if you want to see their work before deciding.
Good Luck!
Hope my 2¢ worth helps.
Greg............mtn_jake :thumbup:

I have no clue how long they lanyardas are......I used a Mr. Gasket hood pin kit. THe lanyards are attatched to one of the grill mounting screws.

-
Back