Year One Rally Wheel

-

slmiller243

Reaction score
We purchased the new rally wheels from Year One and wanted to post a few pics for anyone considering these rims. We got them to put on a 69 Barracuda and purchased the 8" rims which have 4 1/4 back spacing.

First they are great quality and look great. No problems finding tire sizes to fit the back. But as you all know the front is a different matter. We were hoping that a 245 45 would fit as advertised but with the back spacing there is no way without considerable trimming. The pic attached is a very used 215 45. A new tire would definitely rub. Really shouldn't go narrower on a 8" rim and don't want to go shorter as it will probably look silly in the wheel well so we are considering doing a little trimming.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 283
Does it move away or move closer when the car weight is down on the wheels ?

Great question I wish I knew the answer too. Currently no engine in the car. All I could do was raise the LCA so there was about a 3/4 gap between the UCA and bump stop. It got slightly closer as I raised the tire.

That clearance photo looks like mine on the LF. It's a 68 Barracuda with 73-76 BBP A-body discs and offset UCA bushings to get 2* caster. 15 x 7 Mopar steelies (4.25 B.S.) and 215-60 X 15 tires.The passenger side has maybe another 1/8-1/4" clearance and has not been a problem. The LF tire rubs when backing up only. Like backing out of a driveway with the wheel turned to the right. There is no rubbing when driving forward, only in reverse. I have 7,000 or so miles on the Moog strut rod bushings. But the wheel/tire must shift slightly forward when backing up.

My opinion is you'll have to trim the front lip as that is not enough clearance.

-
Back