Yee ha… finally ready to go racing

-

B3422w5

Reaction score
Getting some stuff done tonight, so less for my old bones to do tomorrow.
Will post in this thread my results, good, bad or indifferent tomorrow evening at the track
9A9730C2-9678-43B3-BF93-A89B793F0ECA.jpeg

Awesome......good luck to you and hopefully the results will be inline with what your hoping for

Awesome......good luck to you and hopefully the results will be inline with what your hoping for

should be nice conditions for this time of year, hoping to be one of the first pairs out right at 6, get a hit and see what I might have to change before another one

should be nice conditions for this time of year, hoping to be one of the first pairs out right at 6, get a hit and see what I might have to change before another one
Will anyone be taking any kind of a video?

Ole 1/2 ton squats with golf cart on it, little better when I load the car on the back(tilt deck)
If I was going any further would hook up weight dist hitch, but at 60 or so this will be fine
BF6D0E87-33E1-4729-BDD1-2AFC13706DE2.jpeg

Last edited:
Ole 1/2 ton squats with golf cart on it, little better when I load the car on the back(tilt deck)
If I was going any further would hook up weight dist hitch, but at 60 or so this will be fineView attachment 1715936596
That thing needs some help, I’d say put on the weight distributing hitch. Better be safe than sorry. That’s a sweet 69 dart, don’t want to bang it up in a towing mishap.

yes, cap.
Good Luck ! when I got my new 21 1500 the first thing I did was install air bags to eliminate the squat, the Firestone brand that install inside the coil springs are junk! ask me how I know ! I bought the Air Lift brand that mount to the frame and axle after the in the spring fiasco and they work great!

2010 1500, pulls like a champ

View attachment 1715936763

doesn’t have a 900 pound golf cart on the front of the trailer, almost right over the tongue, plus mine is 23 foot and 2400 pounds without the cart.
Just real nose heavy with all that weight right on the front.
Works better with a 2500, but with the dist hitch it’s better

Well……….very underwhelming evening.
First, car only weighed 3310, but didn’t have as much fuel in it as usual. Thought it might weigh a bit more as I put some weight back on over the winter
Only got two hits, busy, busy, busy at the track tonight.
I managed to find the pass from last year when car went 10.77 at work this afternoon.
1.463 60 foot, 6.780 1/8, at 100.69
10.77 at 121.62( I had thought it was 122.62, but was 121.62)
Left the first pass tonight in the car, did remember to pocket the second( and best one)
Kicked the alt belt off during first pass, brought a spare, but was still in engine bay. Shimmed it a hair(one washer) stayed on second pass.

here is the slip…
C9586D1D-F970-49D4-8511-94A8B0186F45.jpeg

Last edited:
As can be seen, car was actually a hair slower to the 1/8 on this pass compared to the best last year. Mph up a hair, not much.
60 foot was off, tires I know are shot, but it went identical 1.50x on first pass tonight too.
Did pick up about 3 mph, that is the biggest positive of the evening, that, and didn’t hurt anything. Felt really strong on the back end, could tell this is a bigger head, zero wheezing . Surprised.
I should mention, my Eddie heads I had worked by a local guy when I had the 360 in the car.
This past offseason, I had the 418 shortblock done, fixed some issues with it, and the guy( very good Mopar shop) said whoever worked these heads really layed the short turn back.
So he did what he could with them to make them “ better” 2.05 intakes, some relief work, his comment was, with that short lift cam you have(565 gross lift) these will work well, but just know the low lift numbers are very good, but they are done at 550 lift.
So when I compare the results tonight, they were against a pretty darn good working lower lift head.
my takeaway from all this, these new heads I know flow well past 650 lift, I am not using that. But I had hoped for even more separation in the lower lift than 3 mph.
Now the dilemma is..if I chase this, do these Icon flattops have enough room to run a 650 lift roller….I don’t know, maybe somebody here does.
And as I street drive the car a lot, how much better on this motor will TTI 1 7/8 headers be than my 1 5/8 Doug’s… I don’t know, and that header is really my only option.
So..plenty of thoughts running through my head tonight

Last edited:
-
Back