Yet another S.S. spring question

-

EvilScamp

Reaction score
As some of you know i'm gonna be putting a 383 in my Duster,i seen in the other thread that it raises the rear about 2 inches.So my question is with the big-block and the rear lifted a little will it make the car nose heavy?I'm gonna be running .920 torsion bars.
Also in the other thread there was a problem with the shackles being at a weird angle,will i have this problem also?I'm NOT moving the springs inboard.

Come on guys,i'm talking about Super Stock springs!
I know alot of you are running them someone should be able to give me an answer! :(

The .920 torsions should be more than enough to handle that big block. The 340's had .870 and the factory big block cars had .890 torsions so the .920 should feel pretty firm. Since you're not moving you springs inboard, I got the front hangers that have a second set of holes for the springs that'll drop it about an inch. As far as the shackle angle is concerned, as close to verticle as possible with the top bushing just a little forward of the bottom bushing. I really can't say how the SS springs will sit in your car, sorry :roll:

I'm running the .920's in my small block car. It give's it a nice solid ride.
I have a set of Espo's custom heavy duty rear leafs which raise the car about 2". The car definitely sits slightly higher than stock, but with the roads out here it's welcome.I also have KYB gas shocks and all poly-graphite bushings except for the lower control arms, which are stock rubber. With what passes for streets in the NYC area I need a little security knowing I'm not going to bottom out.I already smacked my Hookers on the second road test I made with the car when I first got it road worthy 3 yrs. ago with the old, worn out suspension.Another reason I went with a stock capacity oil pan :tongue:

I think you'll be fine as long as you crank them up a bit. I don't think the front will be as low as you think.

-
Back