Yikes!!! rust monsters w/ pics

-

cowboyup1107

Reaction score
So attached are some pics of the rust I need to fix on my 72 dart but dont know how to do the drip rails. do they sell reman'ed drip rails kits?

dart729.jpg

dart72.jpg

dart722.jpg

dart721.jpg

Down where that is cracking I would bet that car had a quarter put on at one time. You could bild a new drip rail, or find a good shop and just cut them off and weld it back up.

Do you know how to use a welder? Thats were id start. Drip rails can be fabed and welded in place. Here are some pics of my C pillar repair.

Attachments

• DSC00003 (Custom).JPG
    59.3 KB · Views: 305
  • DSC00008 (Custom).JPG
    61.2 KB · Views: 320
  • DSC00015 (Custom).JPG
    65.1 KB · Views: 292
  • DSC00009 (Custom).JPG
    44.5 KB · Views: 305
  • DSC00005 (Custom).JPG
    40.1 KB · Views: 305
wow thanks for the pictures. When it comes to body stuff Im gonna leave that to the professionals. what is the pictures of the vise grips for? is there significance to them? are they special to do the job?

Those are to flange the edge of your patch so the existing metal overlaps the patch. Notice how the jaws have a small step up in them.

i think i have a set of drip rails on a 75 but i dont know if there there the same or not i never look that hard on them years im into the 63to66 ABodies lol but if i can help ya i will be more then happy to

-
Back