York PA Car Show Benefitting Welding School 4-10-2010

-

CudaChick1968

Leanna ~ The Mistress of Metal
FABO Vendor
Reaction score
j-miller sent me a copy of his local Cruise News (thanks John!!!) and I found a great show to get involved with. Figured we might have a few members in the area. Here's the ad:

Student Welders Need Your Help!

York County School of Technology Sixth Annual Weld Shop Car Show

Hot rods, classics, antiques, custom cars, trucks, motorcycles, stock and modified muscle cars -- all welcome

Saturday, April 10, 2010 (rain date April 17)
11 a.m. - 4 p.m.
2179 South Queen Street
York, Pennsylvania 17402
(Intersection of South Queen and Pauline Drive)

Registration $10 for show or $50 vendor space

ALL PROCEEDS will go toward helping the Student Welding Chapter here at YCST. Pre-registration NOT required for show cars.

For more info call 717-741-0820. Refreshments will be available. Thank you, and we hope to see you there!

Brian Yarrison, one of the welding instructors I spoke with on the phone (who also happens to own a '70 Plum Crazy Hemi 4-speed Charger with 23,000 original miles and still has his first car, a '69 RT SE), told me they have this car show every year to help buy supplies for the welding school. Proceeds raised only cover about a third of the year's expenses.

Roughly 350-400 attend, and this year's big prize is a Richard Petty Driving Experience! I decided to offer them up a couple PSC $50 gift certificates so they can raffle them off to raise funds for the welding students.

If you're anywhere in the area, please help the kids out and attend their car show! They can surely use all the support they can get.

And yes, of course I told him about FEBO and FBBO. :-D​

-
Back