You enjoying your Fall weather?

-
It is already below normal here, and we had an below normal spring, until ? June? and then before July, hot hot heat, and forest fires. Weird year. I just got in the house from taking everything out of the boat. I am done with that for the year "I fear" Mid 50'sF here today and it didn't hit 50 until after 11AM

I hate that I never moved north. Taking care of parents mother in law and my sister and cousin till they died. Took me into old age. I’m stuck here now.

My fall is one of the best falls on record for me. Too bad it is such a short season. Got most of the firewood cut. Just picked a ton of apples and pears. Put up 10 pints of pickled beets today. Got pears in the dehydrator. Hope to get some wild game yet.

Yep, mid 60's & mid 30's at night. All the wildfires are out. It's supposed to snow on the pass tommorow near me close to Mt Rainier.
Finished nearly all of my honey do list, so I finally get to start on my dart.

Yep, mid 60's & mid 30's at night. All the wildfires are out. It's supposed to snow on the pass tommorow near me close to Mt Rainier.
Finished nearly all of my honey do list, so I finally get to start on my dart.
Yes sir. Its coming

Prescribed burn in a local water shed.
20211005_131518.jpg

Having a unprecedented amount of bear activity here. They now have a trap set up close to my place. They flipped up the lids on the underground manifolds in the neighbors underground sprinkler system. Got into the apple trees so we had to harvest them sooner than we would have liked to.
They tear up my lawn while eating the mushrooms. I had to hit him with a shovel so I could turn off my irrigation a few nights ago. Stubborn guy doesn't listen well.
Got some rock salt loaded up in my old double barreled 410. That otta get his attention.

20210919_183208.jpg

Best fall ever in the Detroit area. Been in the low 70's for several weeks. Lovin' it! Of course, I live for warm or hot weather so this is a bonus to me.

75 was the high, clear...crisp. Leaves are turning...love it! Its gonna heat up again but these fall days are great.

I'm only a 10 or so miles from Roy, haven't met him yet. But, yeah, we have NO Fall here
Well, ya gotta go meet him. The fall here in central Washington is pretty nice with exception all the apple orchards pretty soon will look like death & I'm on the east side of a mountain range so it's darker here faster. It's already been 31 degrees at night but still nice during the day.

Well, ya gotta go meet him. The fall here in central Washington is pretty nice with exception all the apple orchards pretty soon will look like death & I'm on the east side of a mountain range so it's darker here faster. It's already been 31 degrees at night but still nice during the day.
Man, I'd love some weather like that! Here, it's kinda like fall in January, with maybe 2 weeks in the 20s at night, then a brief spring, then early summer ( hot), rainy season summer ( hot, humid, and wet) and late summer, ( hotter, and sticky humid, with rainstorms) that's around late Sept/ October. It may cool off. One day, Maybe... in a few months

Drove over to the Mississippi today to meet up with bro and sis in laws. Had a great day. Did some hiking at Effigy Mounds (ancient Indian burial grounds), went across the river into Wisconsin for lunch and hiked around Pikes Peak. Great day.

20211009_133054.jpg

20211009_133105.jpg

20211009_140509.jpg

20211009_153322.jpg

Man, I'd love some weather like that! Here, it's kinda like fall in January, with maybe 2 weeks in the 20s at night, then a brief spring, then early summer ( hot), rainy season summer ( hot, humid, and wet) and late summer, ( hotter, and sticky humid, with rainstorms) that's around late Sept/ October. It may cool off. One day, Maybe... in a few months
Winter cold lasts long into spring here. But when its ready for summer we hardly see a day under 85, I live in a semi-high desert, so when it's really hot like we had a month over 100 it's nice and dry heat. You guys probably get that marine layer also which is like a magnifying glass. I remember hot in Seattle 80 was ridiculous. Most humid I've been in was Wisconsin in the summer, no difference laying in a river & being on the shore.

Drove over to the Mississippi today to meet up with bro and sis in laws. Had a great day. Did some hiking at Effigy Mounds (ancient Indian burial grounds), went across the river into Wisconsin for lunch and hiked around Pikes .

Wow! There is a really cool park in Saftey Harbor. Felipe Park. Home of the extinct tribe " Tocobaga" on old Tampa Bay. Still has a mound. The Spanish brought em some funk they couldn't deal with. But a nice area. For some reason, your photos made me think of that. Looks like you folks had a great time!

-
Back