You guys ever feel like you'll never finish?

-
1 year into mine and i start not liking what im doing to it at the time and i move on to other parts like i was working on the back half of the car doing new quarters mind you never done this befor and get bored with that i start on the k frame and get bored with that go to floor get bored with the whole thang i go to anouther car i have lol i was thanking a year and looks like maybe two now so i no but just have to look to what you will be able to say i built this car from junk and take lots of pics so you can look back and smile at what you was able to do with out chip foose and i bet you most guys driving hot rods never even turned a wrench remember poor boys have poor ways but are cars will be better by far

Don't get me wrong I love this car and want it to be a driver. I'd sell my restored mustang to get more Cuda money if I had to.

This car is the only project I've gone into where it's a no holds barred I'm building it my way and resto mod it.

It just makes me nuts that I cannot share it on the road. Not yet at least.

Yes I do..... 25 hours a day .... 8 days a week 53 weeks a year!!!!!!!!!

^^^^^^^^^^

surprised-004.gif
That's a lot......makes me feel a little better!

Thanks

well hey!!! at leastt you guys have a project, im jealous. i've started to think too much about projects and less on school :p

Sorry to rain on everyones parade but you're NEVER finished with these cars. There's always something different to try out or imporovement to be made. Examples that come to mind are, that's a dam pretty intake right there and I think I need to try one of those or better yet, I never liked the routing of that harness I think I'll change it. Hell that's the beauty of this addiction, you're always (at least I do) dreaming up "what ifs".:read2:

Agreed, and i'll add that to me there is fun in your car never being finished.

1 year into mine and i start not liking what im doing to it at the time and i move on to other parts like i was working on the back half of the car doing new quarters mind you never done this befor and get bored with that i start on the k frame and get bored with that go to floor get bored with the whole thang i go to anouther car i have lol i was thanking a year and looks like maybe two now so i no but just have to look to what you will be able to say i built this car from junk and take lots of pics so you can look back and smile at what you was able to do with out chip foose and i bet you most guys driving hot rods never even turned a wrench remember poor boys have poor ways but are cars will be better by far
This rings a bell.I got my 66 Dart for a challenge to myself.I started with pulling the 6,adding front disc,then a 8 3/4,then the 360.I wasn,t happy with that so pulled again and had it stroked,had the tranny done,new stall converter.Pulled the rear again to have shortened,new axels,then new fenderwell hedders and a rad.I,m going to install the cage tomorrow.Hopefully there,s light at the end of the tunnel this time?:-D

never ever finished, justput 360 in and the starter hits the B&M balanced flexplate... does it ever end.

I had my scamp for 6 years now, I pulled the engine to paint the bay, big mistake:cwm10: the next thing I knew the car was bagged and tagged, every time I started working on it life got in the way, so after 6 years of saying this is the year I'm driving the scamp to the nats, this is the year, it's going to be flat black, no headliner and some dented- missing chrome, but it's going:cheers: I've decided to make it a driver and I'll work on it more, btw the engine bay is painted:-D and her name is the other woman because she takes all my time and my cash:love7:

I've been working on my 70 Dart...Had it for 7 years. I have many parts, Alterkation front end, narrowed Strange Dana 60 with street linx rear, my 408 stroker, fuel cell, 4 spd tranny...I have most of the parts, and about 30 grand invested...But everything just sits...I get nothing done, I need body work, and can't do that, and don't know anyone who knows how...SO...it just sits...yea...it pisses me off sometimes and makes me want to sell everything...I don't even know if I could get 15 grand for everything....If I sold it, I'd be so out....

You guys ever feel like you'll never finish?

WHAT!? You mean theres a finish line?!?!?

Crap! No one told me that!

Good luck with the project. I know how you feel. I hated getting and loosing garages. Nothing like changing a clutch on your back while laying in a few inchs of snow.

There's the problem right there. What ever possessed you to think it would ever be DONE? Closest I've ever come in 41 years was close enough to live with until I can come up with more money to do what I want to it. I've caught myself making plans while watching them roll off the transporter at the dealership. :toothy10::toothy10:

My friend, it's not a feeling, it's a fact! Ha ha. Funny thing about our money pits is that there is always something to upgrade, change etc etc. Im starting from scratch after finishing mine 6 years ago. The best thing to do is to try and keep priorities and everything in perspective. It's a great hobby to have. A grown up version of model airplane building!

Same here. My winter project was to remove the motor and tranny. Paint the engine bay. Well I had the BBP brakes, so why not put them on? Well since I am painting the bay and doing brakes, why not take the hood and fenders off and paint the wheelwells? Then found a 8 1/4 rear that came with a /6 Offy 4bbl, header. Well I got the bay and fenderwells painted. Motor and tranny in. Rear in. Now since the bay is painted. I need to do something with the fender mounting to car. It would look like crap if I don't paint the inside of fenders.

My orginal plan was to work on during the winter and drive during the summer. Well the car still needs more work to get on the road legal. One thing leads to another and that gets you farther off schedule. Oh reminds me, I have to pick up my shortened drive shaft today so I can put on the car and MAYBE back it out of the garage under its own power. Thanks for the reminder guys. Got to go and get something done

Get finished? I keep taking things on my life that make it difficult to get started lol..

Grant

I am still far from being burned......still in the lighting stage! however I do have a hard time getting my wife on board for a realistic budget. I'm not asking for 500 a month, of which she originaly stated.......but 100 every two weeks........if I put in three extra shifts(over a two week pay period) is kinda sad. I guess in 27 years and 8 months I will nearly be complete.......if gas is still around!!!!!!!!

i feel like im so close to being able to driving my duster yet i know there is still a couple grand i need to spend before i do.

Finish?I havent even started!lol
The most ive done to mine lately is put my newly aquired 5 slots on.It still has the tired /6 in it but did get the motor today(360)and I know I have a long way to go.Im not looking to fully restore it or turn it into a drag car.A new dash pad,paint,good running motor and tranny,etc etc.I want to be able to drive it as much as i can,even in the winter.I dont want a trailer queen or something thats going to rot in the garage .Its going to be driven.Even to Wal mart ,lol:-D
mail

EVERY time, it seems, that I am close to actaully getting another part of my duster installed I get hit with yet another expense. At this rate she'll be roadworthy around 2016...

EVERY time, it seems, that I am close to actaully getting another part of my duster installed I get hit with yet another expense. At this rate she'll be roadworthy around 2016...

I know exactly how you feel. That`s the way of the world brother, just keep plugging along.

years ago helped a buddy "restore", more like build a 67 Vette. car was purchased 100% apart, all parts were supposedly present. Paul only paid $500 for it. took multiple trips to get it home. started working on it, all parts sure were present, to bad they were from 5 different cars. and Paul wanted it somewhat original. This was long before internet days, so we spent most of our weekends and vacations scouring the east coast for parts. I think the only state I did not visit was Rhode Island. Anyway, was a long 4 years. That is when I got married the first time and had to walk away. But right before I walked away, we had a block party to celebrate the fact that the chassis/drive train and front end were done. car was sitting on all 4 tires. The body, well, that was out back buried under a bunch of tree limbs that fell. That was 1990. I ran into Paul, around 2005 when I went home for a visit, car still was not done. Was now a driver, but the body was a long way from being done. Paul jokingly told me that it was the most frustrating $500 he ever spent. Car cost him his first marriage. He was hoping to see it in paint before he becomes worm food...

-
Back