You guys think this car has been wrecked?

-

ESP47

Reaction score
I've been looking for a 67-69 Fastback Barracuda for a while now. I love the red interior on this one. It's about 2 hours away so its too far to just casually go look at in person unless I'm 100% serious. There is one picture in there of the front fender and it definitely looks like it has some dents in the bondo. Do you guys see anything else wrong with it? You guy's are better at noticing the dirty details than I am. Thanks!

http://s226.photobucket.com/albums/dd50/RedTardAddiction/Barracuda/

Look, I work long hours and I'm not going to go look at it at night. I'd have to wait for the weekend. Besides my question was what you guys thought of the car. Not what you think about the distance it is from my house. I just wanted opinions on it before I go wasting 5 hours and a tank of gas checking it out. If someone see's something that puts up a big red flag, then it's worth it to me.

The car looks good in the pictures,but it is better to have a real look. If you have been looking for a long time for one of these fastbacks,then make the time! Set up an appointment for the weekend.

That car was definitely hit in the front end. There is green paint showing on the drivers fender and the rattle can job on the inner fender. That wouldn't make me walk away. The rest of the car looks pretty good, especially compared to what's available on the east coast.

That car was definitely hit in the front end. There is green paint showing on the drivers fender and the rattle can job on the inner fender. That wouldn't make me walk away. The rest of the car looks pretty good, especially compared to what's available on the east coast.

Someone will buy this car,if the price is right.

Lots of pics usaully means the saler is trying to be upfront about everything but those pics dont show any of the trouble areas like the floors at the front where the firewall meets the floor and the driver rear has been hit also same ways as the front,looks like the bumpers made the dents and then pulled out and from the pics the bumpers look pretty good.Does the wireing harnesses come with the car?Make list of thing under the hood and when you lookat it make sure you know what your getting.If the price is right looks like a worth while trip to me.

I would not think twice if that was by me! It would be on my trailer heading home!
That is really clean, not sure what you are waiting for?

I went through the first 30 picture and thought the car was pretty clean. Seen a little dent on passanger fender and thought it was minor didn't see any bondo signs. The engine compartment look like a rattle can paint job but the inner fender looked good. I seen no evidence of a accident.

I also think with the quantity of pictures the seller seems to be upfront with what the car is and doesn't appear to be trying to hide issues.

Thanks guys. The bondo picture I was talking about is this one. Those are strange looking dents and the body line around the bumper looks weird to me.

http://s226.photobucket.com/albums/dd50/RedTardAddiction/Barracuda/?action=view&current=DSC00997.jpg

Fenders aren't a big concern for me though. I can do most things but I can't put on quarter panels and I'm a total newbie when it comes to frames. What looks good to me could be a deal breaker to someone else because I'm just not exactly sure what to be looking for. I just don't want to buy something and then find out I made a big mistake.

Light colors like yellow and WHITE are notorious for being used to hide bodywork and wreck damage. But long hours, baby gotta have shoes, mama gotta eat, gotta pay da lektrik bill, gotta drive two hours to see it, gotta watch da springer show or whatever other skyosses you got means you probably ain't serious about it anyway.

Why are you guy's being such smart asses? Seriously, all I asked were what you thought of the pictures and 90% of the responses have been you guys bitching about how 2 hours isn't far away. I never said it was some great distance away. All I said was I'd have to wait until the weekend to really check it out. Since I have all week, I figured I'd post the gallery on here and see what you guys thought. I don't respond to threads like this, so why are you guys? If I would have originally said 10 hours instead of 2, I would have gotten nice respectful replies. Instead I get guys shooting off at the mouth about how serious they think I am or not. I have guys telling me I don't have enough time to work on vehicles or how I have problems with bills and family.

A guy comes on here asking for advice in an area he's unsure of and all he gets are a bunch of assholes telling him how lazy they think he is. Screw you guys.

Thanks to those of you who gave me real advice, I appreciate it.

Thanks guys. The bondo picture I was talking about is this one. Those are strange looking dents and the body line around the bumper looks weird to me.

http://s226.photobucket.com/albums/dd50/RedTardAddiction/Barracuda/?action=view&current=DSC00997.jpg

Fenders aren't a big concern for me though. I can do most things but I can't put on quarter panels and I'm a total newbie when it comes to frames. What looks good to me could be a deal breaker to someone else because I'm just not exactly sure what to be looking for. I just don't want to buy something and then find out I made a big mistake.

That picture is pretty nasty looking. But I still think the car would be worth taking a closer look at if your looking for a project. Fenders I don't think are reproduced for the 67-69 Barracudas. It is also hard to find a nice one that doesn't cost pretty good money.

My apologies. I am sorry for the poor taste in humor.

Isn't ESP47 is at a disadvantage in this case? The photos didn't show a drivetrain and therefore he cannot drive the thing to really check out the front end alignment for drift.

I bought my Duster without being able to drive it because I knew the background and reputation of the seller. Plus, I had planned on refubishing the front end anyway.

Sorry if my post wasn't received in the spirit in which it was written. In my experience looking at pictures online really just doesn't convey the true condition of a vehicle . I have seen my share of cars that looked great in pictures ,but looked like they'd been stored underwater when viewed in person.I think thats what everyone's trying to get across to you.If the car looks like something you'd like to own.Go check it out and see if it looks like a project you'll want to tackle.

Why are you guy's being such smart asses?

Thanks to those of you who gave me real advice, I appreciate it.

Sorry for the smart asses!

Always remember this:

Look at the post count under the users name! If it is low count then you might want to throw his or her advice in the trash. I will emphasize MIGHT. If it is a high count then they have been around awhile and will have solid advice...... and know how to put up with the smart asses! LOL

Not just saying here on FABO but other forums as well.

Anyways I dislike looking at cars in the rain or at night that I'm thinking about purchasing (like I look at that many cars). If you are like me then I would want it to be a nice day. Enough about the time thing.

It really boils down to (already mentioned) the price of the car. I know the front fender is wacky but damn the rest of the car looks nice. I believe this car can be made into a very nice automobile with TIME and MONEY. If you're looking for a project then you have stumbled upon a great candidate. Great find! You don't find that many 67 cudas in that kind of shape much..... where I live anyways. Good luck man.

EDIT: If you hang around here long enough you will get accustomed to the dry humor..... lol

i was not trying to offend you either, but , you have GOT to GO check it out IN PERSON. there is no way on gods green earth you can tell if that car has been crashed by the pictures. it is NOT completely obvious. paint can hide 98% of any damage. unless your head is inside the wheel wells or you are underneath and can inspect the frame rails visually. you just can not see frame damage or mudded over panel damage without seeing it from the inside, unless it is blatantly obvious from the outside. sorry you got so upset. find the time and go look at it if you are serious about wanting it.

You will be the one who spends his money on it when and if the time comes that you go and look at it. Posting the pictures here is beneficial as to get members feedback on the car. But in reality it will come down to you going to see it and making the determination on what you decide to do. Buy it or pass on it. Good Luck either way. Looks like a solid car to me.

$4000 is the price and here is the ad but I deleted the name, phone number and location.

*****Deleted the ad so not to step on original poster.****

5Ff5Me5Ja3Gd3Kc3Icc2434ca32bdcbdd1f4b.jpg

I was going to say anything 5,000 up would be higher amounts.4,000 IMO is at the top of the "deal" mark.Add up what you think it will cost to finish it then x2 should get you in the ball park.drivetrain and wireing alone can set you back a few grand,the wires aren't real high but figureing out the harnees will be a pain.

I think 2 minutes from my house is this car. I'm not in the market for a 67 Barracuda, but I'll check it out if I can get off work before dark.

I think 2 hours it to far to go look at a car
I think 2 minutes is to long to bother looking at the pictures
I think 2 pages is to long for this thread
I think it is 2 bad that people who do not like the answers they get to questions even bother asking them in the first place
I think it is a bargin.
I think it could be bought cheaper from reading the ad.

Owned nine years, 8 3/4 sure grip, 727 trans, pair ralley wheels, bbp disc brakes with all new bushings, all fees up current and bunch of other parts included also. Add it up and it is a great buy. Just think about what you would have with a matching rust bucket car.

Tough crowd. For me, it would depend on how much $ they are asking for the car - you never said. Yeah it's got issues, you have to assume that. If it's 3k, I would race out there asap, if it's 15k, I would hesitate.

Tough crowd. For me, it would depend on how much $ they are asking for the car - you never said. Yeah it's got issues, you have to assume that. If it's 3k, I would race out there asap, if it's 15k, I would hesitate.

Did you read the thread above with the price or is this just a drive by post?

-
Back