You know, I went with a mechanical fuel pump for reliability...

-

Lars

Reaction score
Not so the damn thing could puke fuel all over the place. :mad: Why can't I get a mechanical pump without the stupid "adjustable" part? They all have that, I hate it.

I'm missing something Lars, what adjustable part? Are you overpressuring the carb and puking fuel then a regulator would be in order. Ask me how I know.

Terry

It's one of these:

http://store.summitracing.com/partd...4294908110+4294840106+400415+115&autoview=sku

crt-m6270_w.jpg

It's leaking around where it bolts together up above the outlet. Anyone know what the thread pitch on a stock pump is?

It's one of these:

http://store.summitracing.com/partd...4294908110+4294840106+400415+115&autoview=sku

crt-m6270_w.jpg

It's leaking around where it bolts together up above the outlet. Anyone know what the thread pitch on a stock pump is?

I'm running that very same pump Lars with no problems, mind you mines a 4862 for BB's. The bodies are the same just the pumping arm is different. Doesn't make any sense that your's is leaking and I gather it's new. Is there a chance in hell that the eccentric on the end of your cam is the wrong size (to big) and you're bottoming out the pumping arm which will then try to seperate that bolted flange on the pump.

Terry

I'm running that very same pump Lars with no problems, mind you mines a 4862 for BB's. The bodies are the same just the pumping arm is different. Doesn't make any sense that your's is leaking and I gather it's new. Is there a chance in hell that the eccentric on the end of your cam is the wrong size (to big) and you're bottoming out the pumping arm which will then try to seperate that bolted flange on the pump.

Terry

Doubt it, its the same eccentric that has always been on the engine (was previously in my truck before I refreshed it and put it in my Dart). Pump has about 75 miles on it at most.

Sorry Lars, I don't know what it is. When I bought it I took it to the local speed shop with me and said "I need something that fits this" and they hooked me up.

Sorry Lars, I don't know what it is. When I bought it I took it to the local speed shop with me and said "I need something that fits this" and they hooked me up.

Ah OK, thanks anyhoo, I'll check it out once the parts I ordered get in.

Could you possible take a picture of what you have setup? I can't get anything put together with a stock pump and my -AN lines that I have made up for my BG carb. I'm about ready to chuck the whole dang thing and install a fuel cell/electric pump.

Could you possible take a picture of what you have setup? I can't get anything put together with a stock pump and my -AN lines that I have made up for my BG carb. I'm about ready to chuck the whole dang thing and install a fuel cell/electric pump.
I believe I had the stock metal line on my Dart. On my Duster the speed shop gave me a nipple with the correct threads on it. I have a rubber line connected to it as a temp fix untill I get real lines.

DSCF0046.jpg

DSCF0048.jpg

Wow, looks like I am no help with the pics.
Here is an idea. Go to a junkyard and take this fitting off a car with about 3" of the fuel line attached. Hit it with the wire brush and make it look nice then put your AN fitting on the other end of the line. Now you have a metal line with the correct fitting on both ends.

Well, for an update I finally got to work on the car this weekend. Turns out I had put Teflon tape on the fittings in the pump so I decided to run them dry and see how it did. After a couple of heating cycles with no leaks I drove it into town cause the tank was almost empty and so far so good. Hopefully that was it. Thanks for all the help guys, with any luck I won't be in here again with this particular problem.

I'm kind of late on this but NPTF are dryseal threads designed for F=fuel.

I have that pump using 1/4" on the pump side with an AN on the other side
hooked up to the fuel line with an fittings on it. I have solid SS line coming in
and a russell flex line from the pump to the carb fwiw. I can take pictures if
you would like.

-
Back