young gun 1968 dart

-
okay,I have not done much work on it for a while other than little odds and ends but I got my drivers side quarter piece from amd and im in progress in buying a quarter for the passenger side.

okay,so next week me and my dad are going to finish stripping the windows,dash,susp. and then its off to the media blasters. Do you ever do a lot of work one day but then you realize that it sounds like and looks like you did nothing? LOL haha

okay,well another update, we got the hood,trunk,doors all off and in the shed for storage.last night we also got the headliner out,front and rear susp. we also test fitted a 275/50/15 and a 295/50/15, the 275 fitts good with some wiggle room for a little bit wider of a tire. the 295 is rubbing, does anybody know if they make a 285/50/15? Thanks.

pics are coming today for sure! :)

okay,well another update, we got the hood,trunk,doors all off and in the shed for storage.last night we also got the headliner out,front and rear susp. we also test fitted a 275/50/15 and a 295/50/15, the 275 fitts good with some wiggle room for a little bit wider of a tire. the 295 is rubbing, does anybody know if they make a 285/50/15? Thanks.

pics are coming today for sure! :)

Is it a stock width rear? I didn't see anything about offset leaf springs or spring relocation in your original post. If it is a stock rear, a 275 tire will rub either the springs or the wheel lip during cornering. Remember, w/gas in the tank (weight) the car will be lower in the rear adding to the rubbing issue. A 245 tire will fit w/little room w/the correct wheel b/s.

okay, well I have not updated in a while, Im back to school, and the car is almost ready for blasting. from when I last updated to now we, took of the trunk,doors,front and rear windows, dash,vinyl top trim and drip rail trim. we also made front and rear dollies for it. the front ones mount on the front bumper mounts and the rear one mount on the front spring hanger. with all the met. ,paint and everything we only have $70 invested in them instead of buying $250 dollar ones from Eastwood.

The new plan. I have changed my game plan. The car is now going to be viper red with red int, black stripe with a 6 pak hood. It will also have a indy 6.1 hemi , carburated, dual 4. with a big block 727 on the floor and a strange dana 60 for the rear. it will also have a 4 point cage.
:D

This is a members car here but cant remember who's , hope they dont mind, just tell me and i will take it off. and this is the new goal but it will have red int. and a red cage

Attachments

• DaDart@navy pier.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 451
some pics,

Attachments

• duster7812 163.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 440
  • duster7812 164.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 446
  • duster7812 170.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 441
The new hemi, the valve covers will be wrinkle black and it will have the old chrome air cleaner. and no a/c / serpintine setup.

Attachments

• oldschool2.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 447
after i get it media blasted and primed, we will hang the quarters and other body parts and then it will go into storage because we will be building a 1972 cuda stock eliminator car. I will update this thread over the winter for the cuda or might just make another one, what do you think?

Looking nice! That takes me back a few years when i did a 69 Dart. Keep up the good work!

UPDATE: As some may know, I bought a 1968 Cuda with my media blasting fund. well I have been trying to sell it because I don't have room for both. I ruled out the idea about the 6.1 hemi because I don't like the idea of putting a modern engine in a old car. I am trying to buy my dads 340 right now so we will see.....

I ordered a few more things to..

NEW exterior door handles - $69.95

NEW Body plug Kit- $32.99

NEW fender penastar- $11.95

NEW trunk floor-

NEW left AMD quarter panel-

The car is now up for storage because we have to much in the garage right now.
This winter I will be doing a component resto. and will be updating this thread throughout

well, new door handles and a new body plug kit has arrived!

I have also polished a couple trim pieces up, slowly but surely :blob:

Attachments

• duster7812 028.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 355
  • duster7812 027.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 365
  • duster7812 026.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 361
  • duster7812 024.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 371
  • duster7812 022.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 375
  • duster7812 029.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 357
  • duster7812 031.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 365
  • duster7812 033.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 354
Hi, I would be intrested in the trim. Send me a message and let me know what you want for it thanks

Got some stuff for Christmas!

I got a Bolt in drive shaft loop from us car tool and I also got weld in molded subframe connectors from us car tool as well. Pictures will be coming soon.

Nice first ride man! First things first. Did you say no title? You may want to talk to your Dad about securing a bonded title for the car before sinking any real time or money into it. Stake legal ownership first or else just about anyone can contest ownership and snag the car right out from under you!
I purchased mine several years ago forma 3rd owner without title and secured the bonded title before I even hosed the thing off.
I just want to make sure you are secure in ownership first.

-
Back