Young Gun's 72 Swinger

-
There is a writeup around this site somewhere about how to replace the torsion spring with gas struts.

Couldent be too expensive, especially if an off the shelf part is used. You got skills bro. I bet you could fab it up pretty inexpensively.

Couldent be too expensive, especially if an off the shelf part is used. You got skills bro. I bet you could fab it up pretty inexpensively.

In my mind the fact that they showed where to make the mount points so nothing got in the way or bound up when opened or closed was the most important info they showed.
Can't make many mistakes on those skinny little arms.

And
In my mind the fact that they showed where to make the mount points so nothing got in the way or bound up when opened or closed was the most important info they showed.
Can't make many mistakes on those skinny little arms.

And even if you did, arent the trunk hinge arms the same on all darts , valiants and scamps from 1967 to 1976. Still pretty easy to get replacements. I doubt those are a fast mover on parts cars LOL.

And

And even if you did, arent the trunk hinge arms the same on all darts , valiants and scamps from 1967 to 1976. Still pretty easy to get replacements. I doubt those are a fast mover on parts cars LOL.
True enough, but why go through that if someone else has already done the trial and error?
That was my point.

So I've got a good bit done on the car lately, and its going in the paint booth up here at my college this weekend! Got it blocked and spot putty on so I'm getting excited, weird to think that after five years of it apart ill be putting it together!
Been taking it for laps around and I'm itching to have it on the road. Not to mention how everyone I know has a badass daily lol

IMG_7577.JPG

IMG_7551.JPG

Got the body done now getting ready for the front end in the next couple weeks
Very happy with how it came out

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Okay so lately I've been going through finals week and not working on the car much but figured I would give an update. The motor is ready to come out because, as you guys know, the project never stops. A freeze plug decided to start leaking so I have to pull it and while it's out I'm converting to manual steering since I have a spare box.
My question is how much is a power box and new pump and belt worth? I would like to sell it
Also, over Christmas break I'm looking to put my 8 3/4 together. What is the best axle kit for the money? I have a 3.23 surgery 489 case ready to go.
Thanks!

Also, does anyone have pictures of darts with any old school hood scoops or chin spoilers? I'm getting ready for an advanced sheetmetal class where we get to work on whatever we want, so I am coming in to make my own hood scoop and chin spoiler... I'm wondering if it would work putting some road lights into the spoiler?

Also, does anyone have pictures of darts with any old school hood scoops or chin spoilers? I'm getting ready for an advanced sheetmetal class where we get to work on whatever we want, so I am coming in to make my own hood scoop and chin spoiler... I'm wondering if it would work putting some road lights into the spoiler?

Yeah that could work. The new high bright LED driving lights are pretty bright. That may be annoption because they are pretty thin, light weight, and vibration resistant. What about making sheetmetal versions of the dual 71 demon scoops, and mould em into the hood? Or a fresh air box, and a pair of naca ducts mounted flush into the hood.

So I've been busy with lists of stuff the last couple months. Christmas break and moving my car and tools to a new place but figured I would show the hood scoop I've been making for the car
It needs to be finished and welded yet but here's how it looks. Was a lot more complicated than I at first thought. Also I have had to fake out the motor to replace two freeze plugs and figured I would also convert to manual steering so that should be done in the next few days and running again!

IMG_8334.JPG

-
Back