Young Mopar fan bringing the A-925 to life.

-

A925guy

Reaction score
Hello All,

name is Jimmy and aiming to bring the A-925 DOHC motor to life.

Thanks

Last edited:
welcome, just the motor? no car? roaming the earth sans body, like a ghost?

very, just like the lack of info...:rolleyes:
well I got told off on the b body forum for looking for help so I am just posting on here that I am doing something with it. Aiming to recreate a functioning version of the motor. Have CT scanned the heads already. Processing the data is where I am at currently.

ohhh you know the A-925 DOHC motor don't youuuuu?? ;)

I know there is "no such thing..............." built to bullshit NASCAR and all that, run be electric motors or some ****

I know there is "no such thing..............." built to bullshit NASCAR and all that, run be electric motors or some ****
seeing how the tappet carrier for the valves was designed, i dont know what they were thinking. Either poor advisement by Weslake back in 62 or 63 or not using common sense. There are no hard points creating an opposing force on exhaust valves, just allows for carrier material to be ultimately yielded and break under stress. They mustn't have actually been serious about it to start.

You don't seem to get it. This was never an engine, one that actually ran so far as I know. There was articles a long time ago. Allegation is Ma built it to screw with NASCAR because of the OHC Ferds and such, and ran it on electric motors. Sort of the opposite of a dyno

Now the ball stud hemi DID run, I believe. Not sure what killed it. Likely emissions laws, and cost, maybe economic downturn at the time. And maybe "acceptance" It looks too damn much like a BBC

Now the ball stud hemi DID run, I believe. Not sure what killed it. Likely emissions laws, and cost, maybe economic downturn at the time. And maybe "acceptance" It looks too damn much like a BBC
What is the purpose of your comments? TO demoralize me and stop me from proceeding?

What is the purpose of your comments? TO demoralize me and stop me from proceeding?

Are you 12 years old? There is NO SUCH ENGINE as what you claim. It never ran. Was never produced. Never made one circuit on any racetrack.

Are you 12 years old? There is NO SUCH ENGINE as what you claim. It never ran. Was never produced. Never made one circuit on any racetrack.
Please refer back to the previous question of what is the purpose of your comments?

Welcome! , so what your saying is your going to try to take the design of this motor and build a running version?

What I'm curious about is where you got the heads to scan them, and how you scanned them? If you're talking about a medical CT scan, how are you converting them to drawings or CAD files? If you're genuinely making these parts then I'm very interested in following along, but I don't quite understand your process yet.

-
Back