Your experience with FirmFeel steering gear box?

-

g413

Reaction score
I just got my power steering pump rebuilt so now I'm ready to get the gear box rebuilt on my 1967 Barracuda. These FirmFeel gear boxes sure cost a lot more than a rebuilt one, so are they worth it? I think there are 3 different "feel" models available. Which would you recommend?

Is there more than one company that does this?

Firm Feel Stage III...Best money I spent on the car.
The Cardone reman I bought first sucked so bad I sent it as the core! Super sloppy!
It's actually cheaper to do it right the first time.

I have a stage 1 in my '64 Valiant Slant 6 convertible, and I love it.

I have a stage 2 FF in my 67 Barracuda. Its great but, I wish I had oredered a stage3

I sent my box out for a Stage 3 rebuild from Firm Feel. Dick and his crew were great to deal with. I can't comment on how well the box works as it will be some time before my car is road worthy.

I have a FF Stage 2 in my 71 Charger and plan on doing the same in the 72 Demon. Highly recommend Firm Feel.

My 71 Charger box is at Firm feel as we speak getting a rebuild. I cant recall what they recommended, stage one or two.

The comments for the FirmFeel (or similar) box are very favorable. I just need to decide what "stage."

I should have added my intended usage: Basically a daily driver -- about 90% around town, 10% highway.

The comments for the FirmFeel (or similar) box are very favorable. I just need to decide what "stage."

I should have added my intended usage: Basically a daily driver -- about 90% around town, 10% highway.

get a 3,i got a 2 ,now wish i had got a 3

I used steerandgear because I could pick it up in Carlisle. I think it was stage one that was recommended to me by the very knowledgeable gentleman on the phone there. Now I can feel the road and there is no slop in the wheel. Worth the price for sure.

-
Back