your favourite wax,detailer or polish

-
We like the Meguires brand products.... but there are other very reputable products out there like 3M, Eagle, California brand products, etc. I also like to use Kit-J wax (it is a paste wax) on the windows inside and out, and if done real nice, cannot even tell there is even a glass there. You can buy at Auto Zone or any good discount auto parts store. Good luck with whatever you choose.

Just finished waxing 1/2 a car with Meguiars Cleaner Wax....Hopefully the other 1/2 tomorrow :)

Polish: Meguiars Show Car Glaze 7
Wax: Liquid Glass hands down
Detailer: Meguiars Quik Detailer no question
Interior detailer: Anything Meguiars.
Carpet Cleaner: Tough Stuff or Blue Coral
Tire Shine: Meguiars endurance tire gel for shine and Meguiars ultimate protectant for a more satin look.

Been using Meguiars for the last 10 years along with liquid glass. Id hate to know how much ive spent on wax, tire shine and cleaning supplies

I've used Meguiars products for years but recently started using Surf City Garage products. I'm really happy with the results from various SCG items.
Check 'em out!

for the last five years we have used Surf City Garage products on our cars. I was introduced to them by a very good friend in California, they are a great product to use.

Meguiars D300 / D301 correction compound and finishing wax

Favorite detailer for Plum Crazy is Speed Demon, by Surf City. I buy 4 at a time........always worry about stuff being "discontinued".

Been using Meguiars Ultimate for paste wax and Lucas Slick Mist for spray wax. And I have also just started using Adam's Polishes detail spray and there H2O guard & gloss.

It depends on which car I am working on. On my '68 with 75% original paint, I use Comet in the green can (says right on the label, "Will not scratch delicate surfaces"). It doesn't either. Been using it for over 3 decades on dozens of light colored cars with nothing short of amazing results. I use it on the body, glass, rubber and all lenses on the exterior. Never had a problem if I wash the car in the shade and use a circular motion on smaller areas. Rinse well as you go.

On my '70, I use top shelf professional quality products. Meguire's is acceptable if you use their Professional Grade products. There are better options out there too, but at that level, it's all about the person who's using it.

This place has some of the latest products available.( http://www.esotericcarcare.com/ ) Keep in mind, if your final coating of wax, sealant or whatever you are using makes a huge or even a significant improvement in the appearance of your paint, your polishing and surface preparation is likely not up to what it could be if done properly. It's quicker and often easier to use a Band-Aid type coating to hide imperfections in your final paint preparation, but it's not the absolute best way to get the maximum potential finishing results for your paint. The link above has some amazing band-aids.

Attachments

• B3.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 287
Check into C.A.R. Products Bullet Series of products. Great stuff.

I'm a Mother's fan. Lots of good products out there but always had good luck with Mother's.

-
Back