Your help is needed once again

-

NEWATTHIS

Reaction score
Hi Guys, once again help is needed and grateful, this is my plan.I have aiready got from AAR fiberglass a scoop, hood, truck lid and back and front bumpers. They are pricey, but i think that they make the best fiberglass product in the U.S.A in (I.M.O). I said to myself , the hell with it , i came this far so iam going all the way, they dont make dart sport fenders for a 1974 dodge dart sport, but i got information that 1973 plymouth duster to 1976 fenders will fit the dart sport, is this true? If they will fit i will order these fenders from aar, if they wont will some one clear up the information because i dont want to order parts that wont fit my car, Thanks in advance Newathis(Dave)

Yes duster/valiant fenders fit on a dart...BUT you must use the hood, grill and bumper that goes along with them. So if you already have the hood and bumpers for a dart you must use fenders off of a dart. 67-69 dart fenders are very similar to 73-76 the only differences are the headlight buckets and the marker lights

The fenders will bolt on, the difference is in the wheel openings lip.
The Dodge's lip are inwards, and the Duster's are outwards.

What's the word on AAR? Are they worth the extra cash compared to someone like Unlimted or WS Racing? I have not called to check pricing with WS but the Unlimited parts w/o shipping is around $1400 to $1600 (depending on which hood you get) for the hood, doors (not sure if these are really streetable doors) fenders, headlight buckets, front and rear bumpers and front bumper brackets.
They claim a total weight for all of that of about 70 pounds.

The parts from Unlimited are very poor quality. I bought a T/A style hood scoop from them and it was so bad I couldn't even use it. It would have taken me hours to rework it and I doubt it would have been usable then. If you do a search you will find they have a bad rep. As a member on another board so eloquently put it, 'I would have been better off making my own parts out of tree bark and squirrel urine.'
Dallas

Also what hasent been mentioned is the Darts' fender wheel opening is more 'swepped back' than the Duster's so the dog leg is not as wide on the dart as is the Duster.

In the following you can see I had Duster fenders on the Dart until I could find proper Dart fenders. The Duster fenders that I had on there in the meantime I had actually cut and extended 2inches so that It was workable with the hood and beak. Anyway notice the fender lip, the placement of the markers and if you can see it the wheel openings 'swept back' look affecting the whidth of the dogleg.

ADarta.jpg

ADartb.jpg

Thanks MOBody, I just crumpled up and threw away my list of unlimited parts.

You want steel? I'm wanting to swap the front clip from my 73 Dart for a 72. Where are you located and when do you want to get your hands on the parts? Look at my thread in Member Restorations, Resurrected Junk to see if that would be what you want to get for your project. Maybe we can work something out.

-
Back