Your opinions on a strong rubber fuel hose

-

Kevin Jonker

Reaction score
I need your folks opinion on this. I have prebent fuel line (3/8's) that is not bent correctly rather than send it back (cost just as much to send back as i paid for it :(. I was thinking of running it back as far as i could (before it starts going way off) and then cut it off and run rubber fuel hose to the tank. It would probably be cut off somewhere between the rear tire and tank. Is there a strong rubber line that would work? My concern is the 1 in a million chance that something kicks up and cuts the rubber line. I am trying to save money verses buying braided hose and fittings. Am I just being crazy and cheap? Thoughts?

3/8" fuel like would be fine, you could just get some bradded line and use hose clamps and skip the fittings.

On a side note... Most drag racing rules only allow 12" of rubber line in the fuel system.

I know about the 12" rule but do ya think they would crawl up under the rear end to check ???? I wouldn't think so. Can you just hose clamp braided line to steel line without leaks?

"My concern is the 1 in a million chance that something kicks up and cuts the rubber line."

But you don't care about track safety rules...

"I know about the 12" rule but do ya think they would crawl up under the rear end to check ?????"

Just get some bradded line and some hose clamps and be done with it.

-
Back