your thoughts

-
Sorry for the late reply. I do appreciate all the reply’s. My daughter raced it 2 days. This is a base line run leaving it in drive and letting it shift on its own at 4500 rpm. 15.95 60 ft 2.44 Speed 89.1 mph With 26 inch street tires. With 28x9x15 M/T slicks same 15.94 60 ft 2.21 speed 89.3mph. I thought that being 2/10ths faster in the 60ft it would if picked up on the top end. All bone stock. 3 runs with street tires and 3 runs with slicks. Kim
Typically, changes in 60' won't affect the top end speed. For the most part, trap speed is all about how much power your motor is making, regardless of how much you spin (within reason).

I did the new camshaft form from Howard’s Cams. I even filled in the comment section that my car is totally factory stock with no modifications. Eric Bolander got back to me. He recommends the CL 710461-10 hyd flat tappet. 2200-6000 rpm. This cam is 110 lsa install at 106. 273I 277Ex. 226/230 at .050. .525I .531Ex. What do u guys think? Kim

will valve to piston clearance be an issue, its still an oem engine isnt it? i had bullet grind in the extra 4 degrees advance, so it was basically installed straight up, this was their idea

I would think there would be a clearance issue. Yes, all factory stock. Yes there is 4* ground into it. I emailed him back but have heard from him yet. I was kinda surprised he recommended that big of a cam. Especially to run with low compression and exhaust manifolds. Kim

it's the right cam series with the 15 in the notes column of the catalog
https://www.howardscams.com/sites/default/files/Howards2016_17_mid.pdf
page 143
same concerns about CR and clerances
what rockers?
yu are about max for stock
so iron rockers
if roller tip then 1.6 on the intake and one size smaller cam
but you need B3 kit so budget your $$$
do not overspring howards do some homework here
beehives with light retainers would help
or duals set up for proper spring rate and break in on outer (what I've always done)
I would use the Rhodes lifters with the oiling grooves
and maybe their low rpm boosting leak down
check and see if the solid like latter is worth it
might be the only way to make a cam with this seat duration work with your compression
what do tou think AJ
remind me how you wanted this build to drive and basic combo
stock exhaust does not like a lot of overlap or narrow lobe centers
lunati may have a similar shelf cam with a little wider lca and shorter seat duration
which would close the itake about the same place
idk if the same place is the right place with your compression and desires
if this is mostly drive to the strip and run brackets go big
if daily driver go small seat duration

I just wanted to perk it up some. It’s a car I drive once in a while. It came factory with the 340 auto cam. I wanted to try a new school cam, lifters and springs. The rockers are the factory stamped steel. Kim

Way late and far from an expert. Seems to be the trend for everything I do.

I'm in a somewhat similar boat. I'm trying to hit 13.999 with my old Scamp. It's certainly got the power for it. It has hit 99 mph in the quarter. My biggest hurdle at the moment is traction in the 60' zone. I'm running original sized pizza cutter tires and trying to do this. Eventually I'll move on to bigger tires. But I'm just trying to get as much out of this car as I can with it looking very original.

That said (and here's where I'm late), I'm going to say it would take me some funny gas into the cylinders to ever hit a 12. That and a lot more gription than what I have now. Got sons to put through college, so tis a slow endeavor for me. I'm very happy with how well the car runs as it is, so no big deal.

7milesout

-
Back