your thoughts.....

-

440SCOUT

Reaction score
so my headliner in my 64 barracuda started falling down.
i was looking and saw that it wraps inside the window openings at the front and rear. i am pretty worried about pulling the glass, no tonly about possibly breaking the glas but i am sure the seals are going to be ruined. where do i find these??
thanks

If you're talking about the windshield and rear window rubber which the headliner fits under, a good installer can do the job without removing the glass. There's a special tool they use.

so my headliner in my 64 barracuda started falling down.
i was looking and saw that it wraps inside the window openings at the front and rear. i am pretty worried about pulling the glass, no tonly about possibly breaking the glas but i am sure the seals are going to be ruined. where do i find these??
thanks

You will not need to pull the glass out. Just bend the rubber gasket back and you will see it is pushed in there and held in place buy a barbed hook. Ijust used a paint stiring stick to push the headliner in the crack and hook it on the hooks.

THANKS!
any of you put a kit headliner in your car? if so where did you get it and how much??
and how long was the install?

i got mine from year one cant exactly say the price but its listed in there catalog nice quality and it took about a half a day hang it on the rods and work yer way out from the middle then the front and rear windows

Got mine from Year one. It was a little over 100 bucks and took a little over a half day to put in.

thanks!
the one in my moms valiant is starting to fall apart too.
i should be a pro by the time im done with these..lol

Don't know what Steele Rubber Products has the the 64 Cuda. I've used their gaskets for windshields and am satisfied with price & quality.

-
Back