yukon axles

-

71dartstroker

Reaction score
k bought yukon axles and also ordered the studs. my problem i have i cant install the studs the wont press in i tried an impact wrench no luck

Did you throw the studs in the freezer for a while?

Not sure if you remember science class but, this makes the atoms in the metal freeze which makes it shrink slightly. Ive had good luck using this technique on wheel studs.

k bought yukon axles and also ordered the studs. my problem i have i cant install the studs the wont press in i tried an impact wrench no luck

are you are sure they are the right size?? we just went thru this with these axles... they (yukon) are still using the discontinued size of like .630 knurl or something

Chrysler no longer carries that size and neither does summit... why they cant just use screw in studs is beyond me...

i bought the axle and studs at the same time so i trust that the randy's ring and pinion sold me the right studs for the axles. i will try the freeze it metrhod will post outcome.
thanks

i bought the axle and studs at the same time so i trust that the randy's ring and pinion sold me the right studs for the axles. i will try the freeze it metrhod will post outcome.
thanks

well when we went thru this randy's sold the axles but not the studs lol...

maybe yukon wised up and made a normal size knurl hole lol...

I bought some Yukon's back in 2007, from a gut in Colorado. He sent the studs with them.
Same deal, they wouldn't fit. I sourced a set of Mr. Gasket studs.
I returned them & he refunded the money for the studs & asked for the Mr.Gasket number.
He had been having trouble getting the right studs to send with the Yukons.
Sorry, but I don't have or remember the number. I just measured the axles & started looking.

-
Back