Yukon Axles

-

mshred

The Green Manalishi
Reaction score
Whos using them? I have an a-body 8-3/4 and want to put in the yukon axles for abodies that are big bolt pattern....just wondering if anyone has used these axles before and what their opinions on them are....my car will be a street/strip car....also, where did you guys get yours from???

Whos using them? I have an a-body 8-3/4 and want to put in the yukon axles for abodies that are big bolt pattern....just wondering if anyone has used these axles before and what their opinions on them are....my car will be a street/strip car....also, where did you guys get yours from???

I like mine, but then anything aftermarket is stronger than stock.

Got mine from Randy's with Green Bearings.

Stock studs are Dorman 610-103.

DSCN1033 (Small).JPG

Check with Cass aka Doctor Diff. doctordiff@gmail.com

Hate to give this place a plug... Check over at Moparts in the Diff for sale section. He has an ad there. Not sure if he's a member here.

Good guy, great advice with good prices. Last time I spoke with him, a body yukon axles, green bearing and 3" studs were $300 plus shipping. I just bought a used pair and they were about $25 to ship from Iowa to CA via FedEx Ground.

Just saw this thread on another forum...
http://www.bigblockdart.com/index.php/topic,10937.0.html

there is talk that apparently unless you get the green bearings installed in these axles they will snap....if you dont opt for green bearings, then you need to go for the cut to fit ones which can apparently use the stock tapered bearings but are supposedly less strong...any more opinions on these axles? they seem affordable and pretty close to what i need for my scamp...i dont want to buy junk, but i dont want to lay down a **** ton on mosers or strange's

Moser and Strange are about $100 more IIRC.

I know a few people that are running Yukon axles with no issues.

YMMV

After reading the link. It seems to me that he only had issues using Yukon axles with 741 case.

I got mine off ebay for my 65 valiant. There's a few store's on there that sell them. And all sell them for about the same price. It's a good value for those of us on a tight budget. I paid 350.00 for mine that included the green bearings and studs installed and the seals too. Just look around before you buy and good luck on your project.

i just got some Yukons from Dr. Diff on moparts, they look great but i havent taken the car out yet for a test drive. But now im kinda nervous - i didnt opt for the green bearing but instead i installed some tapered ones myself- i hope they dont snap !!! lol

I've got a set in my '74 Duster. They work fine on the street - but I can't attest to their fortitude if you're planning on using slicks with them at some point as I haven't done this personally. You'll need backing plates & brakes from something other than an A Body 8.75" - I grabbed a set off of an '82 Diplomat (M Body) in the junkyard that had an 8.25". I got the axles from WJRWOLFE1 on e-bag. He sells them for $199.00 a pair. He installed the Green Bearings & studs for a few bucks more - don't recall the exact amount, but it was reasonable and he's a nice guy to deal with.

Ray

hey 68dart, that was the whole issue....he installed the axles with the tapered bearings instead of the green bearings....apparently the axles dont seat all the way without the green bearings and thats how they snap from what i understand....tapered bearings are apparently only usable with the cut to fit axles

hey Paul i thought you said you had used the green bearings? or are the moser ones green bearings and i just dont no it? lol

I've got a set in my '74 Duster. They work fine on the street - but I can't attest to their fortitude if you're planning on using slicks with them at some point as I haven't done this personally. You'll need backing plates & brakes from something other than an A Body 8.75" - I grabbed a set off of an '82 Diplomat (M Body) in the junkyard that had an 8.25". I got the axles from WJRWOLFE1 on e-bag. He sells them for $199.00 a pair. He installed the Green Bearings & studs for a few bucks more - don't recall the exact amount, but it was reasonable and he's a nice guy to deal with.
Ray
This is where I got mine as well. he goes by Mopar Madness and you save about $50 over Randys. (at the time when I got mine). About a year ago.
He also uses the updated wheel bearings from the old RP-400 to the new MO-400 snap ring style bearing. This is a loose fit bearing that is bolted on top of the spiral lock to keep it in place. I personally prefer this design as it is simple and durable and also works with rear disc break kits that are out there.

...This is where I got mine as well.
Yep, me too. Been running fine over two years now. Through several gear swaps, many hard launches and enough lateral force to make a few nice big pairs of black circles in the vacant parking lot a few blocks down the street. But if you believe the Mopar Action guy, I guess I'm lucky to be alive. :roll:

I have a set in my Dart Sport. They on the third season of racing. I run a 4:30 gear, with a 2:74 low gear in the trans. my 60ft. is 1.55 to a 1.61.
I run 9 x 28 m/t drag slicks. No problems so far! I am using the green bearings.

-
Back