z-max,anyone ever try it??

-

340srule

I just watched shade tree mechanic,and Sam went to the z-max factory,just wondering if anyone uses or has used it,as and oil supplement whats your take on it??..

Have you noticed that show has turned

into almost non-stop product pushing?

Nothing at all like it used to be.

After all the hoop-la over slick 50 and all the off shoots I Just use Mobil-1 and none of the snake oil additives.And gumout has always worked in my fuel systems as well as the wonder elixir de-jour

Shelby put it through serious tests and found it to be top notch with no residue after the fact.

I have used it in all my vehicles for the last 5 years and wouldn't be without it. I noticed a difference in the smoothness of the engine, and gained a little MPG....lots less friction.

We just put it in a friends slant 6 Volare wagon.....when you started it, you heard the usual dry bearing noises (not bad, just normal for old slants, but it makes you worry a bit).....after we put it in, there was a gradual improvement in the quietness of the engine, especially on start-up, and now, it's really smooth and quiet no matter how long it sits....as a matter of fact, I had to lower the idle speed.

That is NOT "snake oil"..........THAT, is scientifical factimication. :read2:

Good stuff. :blob:

I guess that could have nothing to do with Shelby endorsing the product. I wouldnt bite the hand that feeds me either.

I saw what Slick50 does. Glass like coating on the metal. Nothing short of a steel wire brush would take it off of lifters and such. I can't say if its good or bad. Just not for me. I think differnt from most folks and apply pretzel logic too often. An example... If the drugs we put in our bodys to help us live better or longer ALL have their side effects, shouldn't those additives for engines also have side effects ?

a few years ago i put dura lube in a 302 cougar my wife was driving,on the way home her oil pump failed.she drove the 13 miles to the house with no oil pressure and anounced that the car was making a strange noise lol.i tore it down and found a black coating on all the bearings but no serious damage.i had the crank turned down and installed new bearings.that was 10 years ago.the car has been through three owners and its still running today with no major mechanical problems.when i bought the duralube it came with spray lube also.i had a bathroom fan with a noisy motor i sprayed it and it shut right up for about 8 months.so snake oil or not i use it. my dingbat brother put it in a fresh motor at brake in that was a year ago and the rings still havent seated (dumb ***) i call him smokey

Quote Of The Day. "why Did You Put That Ugly Spoiler And Those Weird Hood Scoops, On Such A Nice Nova? You Should Get The Ss Hood"

I am not a fan of oil additives, most are total crap(like slick 50) but Z-Max is different than all other additives. Z max is the automotive version of an additive AVblend that is used in aircraft. It is the only additive that is FAA approved. It has been throughly tested and has shown to reduce wear, prevent rust and reduce dry start damage. I haven't used Z max but I have used AVblend in my cars and it dose work.

Shelby put it through serious tests and found it to be top notch with no residue after the fact.

I have used it in all my vehicles for the last 5 years and wouldn't be without it. I noticed a difference in the smoothness of the engine, and gained a little MPG....lots less friction.

We just put it in a friends slant 6 Volare wagon.....when you started it, you heard the usual dry bearing noises (not bad, just normal for old slants, but it makes you worry a bit).....after we put it in, there was a gradual improvement in the quietness of the engine, especially on start-up, and now, it's really smooth and quiet no matter how long it sits....as a matter of fact, I had to lower the idle speed.

That is NOT "snake oil"..........THAT, is scientifical factimication. :read2:

Good stuff. :blob:

And some people say the same exact things about Marvel Mystery oil:read2:

I've always known that there was a super lube product out there, because my nieghbor invested in a company in the eighties that had a product called "Protech". This guy drained the oil from his Ford Fiesta and ran the car for three months with just the product residue. The timing chain finally expanded and punched a hole in the water jacket killing the motor. This stuff was like the consistancy of mineral spirits. I don't know what happened to that product. I have tried several of the products out there,and the closest thing to it is "Prolong". I used it in my 86 318 Ram that had a lifter tick. The prolong stopped the tick permanently. Duralube is not the product, I've had no luck with it.

Whether or not someone says the same thing about Marvel Mystery Oil (which is little more than souped up tranny fluid) is irrelevant. As for Shelby, he does not need a "hand" to feed him......his days of needing cash were over long ago.... I would say his name is worth far more than any cash he may (or may not have) received from an endorsement.

There ARE people out there who actually test and prove certain products instead of just lying to everyone about it. Shelby is one of them.

And thank you for mentioning the Slick 50 phenomena....it works for a short time to reduce friction, then coats everything and causes more problems. AND, you NEVER use a friction additive during a BREAK IN.......the very term used for the 'time-period' in question should give someone a clue to that fact.

You can remain a pessimist all you care to, but you can't erase decades of proof, and years of successful use by the millions who swear by it (instead of AT it).

Z-Max works. Z-Max leaves no build-up or residue. It simply saves your large investment............By the way, it WILL shave some time off your ET's...........just make sure your rings have seated properly BEFORE ever using it.

(and NO.......I don't sell the stuff.......nothing to gain, except maybe to get someone else to enjoy it's benefits). :burnout:

I've always known that there was a super lube product out there, because my nieghbor invested in a company in the eighties that had a product called "Protech". This guy drained the oil from his Ford Fiesta and ran the car for three months with just the product residue. The timing chain finally expanded and punched a hole in the water jacket killing the motor. This stuff was like the consistancy of mineral spirits. I don't know what happened to that product. I have tried several of the products out there,and the closest thing to it is "Prolong". I used it in my 86 318 Ram that had a lifter tick. The prolong stopped the tick permanently. Duralube is not the product, I've had no luck with it.
your right i made a mistake , it is prolong.opps.that is the product i was using.sorry for the miss info.8)

Whether or not someone says the same thing about Marvel Mystery Oil (which is little more than souped up tranny fluid) is irrelevant. As for Shelby, he does not need a "hand" to feed him......his days of needing cash were over long ago.... I would say his name is worth far more than any cash he may (or may not have) received from an endorsement.

There ARE people out there who actually test and prove certain products instead of just lying to everyone about it. Shelby is one of them.

And thank you for mentioning the Slick 50 phenomena....it works for a short time to reduce friction, then coats everything and causes more problems. AND, you NEVER use a friction additive during a BREAK IN.......the very term used for the 'time-period' in question should give someone a clue to that fact.

You can remain a pessimist all you care to, but you can't erase decades of proof, and years of successful use by the millions who swear by it (instead of AT it).

Z-Max works. Z-Max leaves no build-up or residue. It simply saves your large investment............By the way, it WILL shave some time off your ET's...........just make sure your rings have seated properly BEFORE ever using it.

(and NO.......I don't sell the stuff.......nothing to gain, except maybe to get someone else to enjoy it's benefits). :burnout:

So are any of the boasts from actual experience?

Have you or anyone you really know torn down an engine and seen the benefits of z-max?

Or is all this info taken from their propanganda literature and advertising?

Send me some and I will give you my personal unbiased review of it.
It will go in my truck as my Dart will never see any or need any of that stuff:munky2:

I'm with Dart-swinger, I just use a good quality oil and leave the fad oil additives on the shelf.

I will add on thing. The whole deal with running motors without oil as a selling tool. Wy would I run my motor without oil? Not only is oil a lubricant it is also as much a cooling agent. If you plan on running your motor without oil I guess according to the examples by all means run the additives. I will keep my motor full of oil, thank you.

Chuck

-
Back