Zombie Dart! '72 Dodge Dart

-
You mean people still rebuild those?
I just rebuilt mine myself8) its alotttt cheaper than buying new ones and really simple. Like its probably $20 to rebuild all 4 if you have 9" drums like you. Like it was simple enough for me to do:toothy10:

hows it hanging dartt any new pics?
Not really, the car has hit the side burner and I need to find me a cheap little beater for now. I got the gas tank and sending unit in along with the fuel pump all in one day, but I didn't manage to get the metal hard line to the carb on before everything went to hell in a handbasket so the Dart is at a friends until I can get back to work on it. I checked out the MC I recieved with the car a little better and it looks like it will do just perfectly. I'm sorry, I have had alot on my plate lately having been forced to move twice within a month over the car because of the problems it caused somehow:angry7:. I just really didn't wanna bring any of my personal life drama onto the board or anything and I have just not been in a good mood really lately. I've been stressed out and depressed about this whole situation, kinda hurts when your stepmom kicks you out christmas eve because somehow you create tension between them and ruin their marriage which began less than two months ago and your dad just doesn't even care that its happening because both him and his life partner are quite hammered.disgust

Not really, the car has hit the side burner and I need to find me a cheap little beater for now. I got the gas tank and sending unit in along with the fuel pump all in one day, but I didn't manage to get the metal hard line to the carb on before everything went to hell in a handbasket so the Dart is at a friends until I can get back to work on it. I checked out the MC I recieved with the car a little better and it looks like it will do just perfectly. I'm sorry, I have had alot on my plate lately having been forced to move twice within a month over the car because of the problems it caused somehow:angry7:. I just really didn't wanna bring any of my personal life drama onto the board or anything and I have just not been in a good mood really lately. I've been stressed out and depressed about this whole situation, kinda hurts when your stepmom kicks you out christmas eve because somehow you create tension between them and ruin their marriage which began less than two months ago and your dad just doesn't even care that its happening because both him and his life partner are quite hammered.disgust

Man, Mike, I had no idea. That sucks camel d***. You can put your car in my shop and come crash my couch for a little while if you need to.

Speaking of wheel cylinders; you're not gonna hurt my feelings one bit if you sell or trade the ones I sent you to get you that much closer to your car being done. If there's anything else you need that might be on this Duster parts car I have, don't hesitate to let me know.

...Sounds like a good idea!! I may try that if I can find some tin signs. My dad used to work for one of the real estate companies around here and they seems to wanna never let anything go. They'd rather throw it in the trash then give it away for free. But its worth a shot!8)

I'm not condoning it, but a guy I ride with used a 45mph street sign to make a seat pan for his Harley. I think they're stainless steel, plenty thick, easy to cut and come off with a 1/2 socket... so he tells me.

I'm not condoning it, but a guy I ride with used a 45mph street sign to make a seat pan for his Harley. I think they're stainless steel, plenty thick, easy to cut and come off with a 1/2 socket... so he tells me.
A bunch are aluminum here. My sister's husband Rich used a stop sign to make his but got lucky and got an older sign. I have a bunch of old signage laying around but they are all aluminum too which sucks:angry7:

A bunch are aluminum here. My sister's husband Rich used a stop sign to make his but got lucky and got an older sign. I have a bunch of old signage laying around but they are all aluminum too which sucks:angry7:

It don't suck at the scrapyard.

I doubt your stalling problem has to do with ignition points. Sounds like your charging system isn't working allowing the battery to go dead. Then, no spark.

I just rebuilt mine myself8) its alotttt cheaper than buying new ones and really simple. Like its probably $20 to rebuild all 4 if you have 9" drums like you. Like it was simple enough for me to do:toothy10:
That's pretty cool, I payed $20 bucks for two new wheel cylinders for the back of my Dart recently. If I knew that there were rebuild kits out there, I would've done that. Probably could've saved $10.

Heck ya! I'd trust my rebuilt calipers before anything out of China. Same go's for wheel cylinders.

Nuff said.
Haha, I would agree but recently, my dad put one of those chinese calipers on the front of his Dak, so far it's done well.

Ya I know chinese parts (cheap crap) are flooding our market. I just say no thanks and quietly rebuilt my made in usa stuff.

Mike, ive read your whole restoration thread, and i need to say. your one determined guy! i really wish you could just come park your car in my garage and bunk with my family. but being across the continent isnt the greatest. PM me, if you need anything i can help with. ill give you my cell number. my facebook is "mike rons towing clarke" if you want to talk over that. Just lemme know your doing alright..

Mike

Ya I know chinese parts (cheap crap) are flooding our market. I just say no thanks and quietly rebuilt my made in usa stuff.

Indeed. I would rather have a rebuilt AMERICAN CHRYSLER (Kelsey Hayes) casting than anything made overseas....perhaps something from Australia, but WHAT would that cost? I've always rebuilt all of my calipers, wheel cylinders and master cylinders. This is the brake system we're talkin about. Once you do one, you see how stupid simple it is. A chimp could do it. A retarded chimp at that. No offense to retarded chimps anywhere. lol

Mike, ive read your whole restoration thread, and i need to say. your one determined guy! i really wish you could just come park your car in my garage and bunk with my family. but being across the continent isnt the greatest. PM me, if you need anything i can help with. ill give you my cell number. my facebook is "mike rons towing clarke" if you want to talk over that. Just lemme know your doing alright..

Mike
I am doing okay, I am staying with my mom and the car ended up down in gainesville, about 20 miles away. Its all good dude, I sent you a friend request on facebook. 8) Thanks for caring

Good to here that! I've been wondering where you landed.

my '72 when is finished? So do I! It's gonna be a bit before its finished. lol. It's most likely gonna stay looking like something that got pulled out of a junkyard for a while:toothy10:

my '72 when is finished? So do I! It's gonna be a bit before its finished. lol. It's most likely gonna stay looking like something that got pulled out of a junkyard for a while:toothy10:

have you ever noticed its the junkyard looking cars that fool people. They will blow the doors off what some show cars can do. Its whats under the hood that counts. Dents add character:cheers:

have you ever noticed its the junkyard looking cars that fool people. They will blow the doors off what some show cars can do. Its whats under the hood that counts. Dents add character:cheers:
I mostly have a bunch of rust lol. That's the plan. Super sleeper. A car that can handle extremely well and a good hp engine like a 400hp 340 8)

What a nice Dart shafer! I love green...Hey Dartt,why not try something in a semi gloss black? I cant remember the name of the product,but there is one specifically designed to give that flat black rat rod finish and also withstands UV.

-
Back