Zombie Dart! '72 Dodge Dart

-
What a nice Dart shafer! I love green...Hey Dartt,why not try something in a semi gloss black? I cant remember the name of the product,but there is one specifically designed to give that flat black rat rod finish and also withstands UV.

matt black is what the factory used - the old dart i posted i used black base/ clear and did not clear

What a nice Dart shafer! I love green...Hey Dartt,why not try something in a semi gloss black? I cant remember the name of the product,but there is one specifically designed to give that flat black rat rod finish and also withstands UV.
I think Rustoleum makes a flat black like that. You can either spray it on with a HVLP gun or roll it on. I was thinkin roll it on will work. There was a member on here who was saying it doesnt tiger stripe or fade and it wont change when it rains

matt black is what the factory used - the old dart i posted i used black base/ clear and did not clear

It looks really great. I honestly can't believe thats a /6 car! If I pulled up next to you in my little Mazda 626 beater mobile. I'd be expecting to hear the roar of the V8. Not the sound of a million pissed off bees:toothy10:

Summit sells satain black acrylic urthane.

That's the one! Looks great.
It does look quite good.
sum-up312_w.jpg

Its 100$ for a gallon and a quart of activator. I think I just may do this. Doesn't look half bad either!:-D

Yeah I am looking at the Summit Graphite Grey color. Gotta wait until Gene puts his porta garage together so we can spray his Datsun pickup for practice :)

DarTT, i love the FrankenDart look. look ugly but beat the hell out of the guy next to you!

Yeah I am looking at the Summit Graphite Grey color. Gotta wait until Gene puts his porta garage together so we can spray his Datsun pickup for practice :)

DarTT, i love the FrankenDart look. look ugly but beat the hell out of the guy next to you!
Hell yeah, thats the way I like my cars. Sleeperfied. I like how people just look at a car and say, "That must be junk, just look at it!" It's like a book that says "Advanced Quantum Theoretical Black Hole Physics" but all that you find inside is performance engine and chassis building manuals and books:-D

I've heard you can roll this paint on too since I lack a air compressor and a paint gun. Please correct me if I am wrong

I think Gene is using the same stuff and it seems to be made to be sprayed on. Haven't tried rolling it on at all. Compressors and spray guns are pretty cheap these days. The porta - garage was $220 at Peep Boys, plus a tarp and and you are good. Or at least that is what we are planning. The porta - garage has a front and back door (that zip shut), and you got an instant paint booth. Talk about your shade tree mechanics.

But the hidden monster routine is pretty cool. Nice when they look at the flat broke black paint job (black primer) and you get all roasty on the tires.....

I think Gene is using the same stuff and it seems to be made to be sprayed on. Haven't tried rolling it on at all. Compressors and spray guns are pretty cheap these days. The porta - garage was $220 at Peep Boys, plus a tarp and and you are good. Or at least that is what we are planning. The porta - garage has a front and back door (that zip shut), and you got an instant paint booth. Talk about your shade tree mechanics.

But the hidden monster routine is pretty cool. Nice when they look at the flat broke black paint job (black primer) and you get all roasty on the tires.....
The faded redish primer is staying. its going nowhere. lol. Someone was talking about a rustoleum product that was very similar that you could roll on with a 3" roller and it worked better than any cheap spraycan primer he had ever tried. Hmm. I should really find this stuff.

I think Rustoleum makes a flat black like that. You can either spray it on with a HVLP gun or roll it on. I was thinkin roll it on will work. There was a member on here who was saying it doesnt tiger stripe or fade and it wont change when it rains

It looks really great. I honestly can't believe thats a /6 car! If I pulled up next to you in my little Mazda 626 beater mobile. I'd be expecting to hear the roar of the V8. Not the sound of a million pissed off bees:toothy10:

i ran it with straight pipes you should have heard the exhaust sound of it

When I was in high school, I had a 74 dart sport with a s/6. I cut the exhaust off at the trans mount and put a y pipe going to two echo chambers that let out just in front of the rear wheels. That thing was LOUD !!!!! I thought it was cool intell I got a ticket for no mufflers.:angry7:

When I was in high school, I had a 74 dart sport with a s/6. I cut the exhaust off at the trans mount and put a y pipe going to two echo chambers that let out just in front of the rear wheels. That thing was LOUD !!!!! I thought it was cool intell I got a ticket for no mufflers.:angry7:
Did it sound like this?:toothy10::toothy10:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGqJ8vwpOJY&NR=1"]YouTube - family learning channel - angry ticks fire out of my nipples[/ame]

You gotta love how that slant just had the craziest sound ever.:-D

Been a while since I updated this or even been on FABO. I just wanted to share some pics of the gas tank up in place and it sittin on top of the hill at my friend's and us moving it due to his family facing foreclosure soon. There is a draw in the electric system right now that is blocking me from going any farther in that department and the wires have suffered pretty bad over the years and have become dry and brittle. I heard Year One sells a repop that is pretty good, anyone know what it will cost and how to get one? They seem to have just parts and pieces of it. Also, should I get the tachometer part or the electronic ignition part or should I just wire them in myself? They don't look too complex, I just dont trust myself to wire the whole car from end to end.

I am hoping to be updating this more often as I will be able to work on my Dart more freely now:mrgreen:

198838_1922680549068_1303732671_2292479_6038689_n.jpg

190600_1922680309062_1303732671_2292478_4320857_n.jpg

198226_1922680069056_1303732671_2292475_6799249_n.jpg

189596_1922680149058_1303732671_2292476_4072202_n.jpg

I am very happy to have my Dart, I am not overwhelmed really by it, but I know if I do everything on her that I need to do, I can do anything. I'm not giving up on it. Ever.:) I look forward to everything I need to do to it and there is no rush. I'm only 20. But that don't mean I don't wanna get it on the road soon, I am excited to get it on the road, but understand it will take a bit of hard work and elbow grease and some greenbacks to do so. :colors:

I missed it here. But you can't stay away forever, FABO is the crack of the interwebs.

Glad to see your still working on it. The cheap way out of your wiring problem might be to watch the parting out whole cars forum. You may be able to pick up a complete wiring for cheap that way. Most guy's just throw them away.

Jack

Glad to see your still working on it. The cheap way out of your wiring problem might be to watch the parting out whole cars forum. You may be able to pick up a complete wiring for cheap that way. Most guy's just throw them away.

Jack
Thanks Jack! I never thought of that. :rock:

I plan on rewiring with something basic,that might not be exact but will cover the bases. Like a generic circuit kit.

Not sure if I would want to go with an exact wiring kit,they are big $$.

Welcome back. It's real simple to find a draw. Disconnect the negative batree cable. Stick a test light in the negative batree cable and connect the test light clamp to the negative batree post. If you have a draw, the light will light up. Position the light so you can see it from the fuse box....or have a friend look at the light for you. Remove the fuses one at the time from the fuse box. when you get to the fuse that puts the light out, you have found the offending circuit. If you do not find a circuit in the fuse box that puts the light out, move under the hood. Disconnect things one at a time. Voltage regulator. Alternator. Starter. When you find the circuit with the draw, start runnin down the wiring for that circuit and you will probably find the problem. Course, if the light goes out when you disconnect somethin under the hood, you will need to replace it.

I plan on rewiring with something basic,that might not be exact but will cover the bases. Like a generic circuit kit.

Not sure if I would want to go with an exact wiring kit,they are big $$.
Rebel wire sells one like that. Though, I am not sure yet on it. The only problem with it is that you gotta buy the end to crimp onto it like alternator and what not. My teacher in the Chrysler Automotive Program recommended getting one through Year One instead of the generic 12,14, etc circuit kind. He said we can just alter it if I ever need to. Also, I think after u get all the odds and ends to do a wiring harness like that it becomes pretty expensive.

You can reuse many of the original mopar connectors. Simply run new wire to em

You can reuse many of the original mopar connectors. Simply run new wire to em
Most of mine are pretty gnawed up. like alot of the wires. That or they do what the not chewed up wires do, which is snap when u go to move them.:sad9:. It kinda sucks, but I am not complaining. The more I do, the more I learn. :toothy9:

-
Back