Zombies 72' Dodge Demon

-

THEWHITEZOMBIE

Mopars an Heavy Metal
Reaction score
Hey gang,
Been in hiatus for a long while, well I'm back at it with a new ride.
I picked up the 72' Demon back in May in part of a trade for an old truck I had. It's a /6 auto car, has factory disk up front an a 8 3/4 out back. Overall the car is very solid, minor dings with the worst being a smashed up drivers side tail light panel. I've popped it out so I can put a light back in until I can redo the panel. For now I'm putting in a mild 318 I build years back for my 72' Dart with an auto that I still need to find an build, an later source out 4 speed parts for fun.
I'm having a hard time with pictures but I'll figure it out soon
Mike

View attachment 20150523_093835.jpg

Plans are a mild street strip DD car to just have fun with. Once I find a 340/360 I'll build for that plan. Since my Dart has a 440 build right now I might keep this thing small block. But who knows that can change later ;)

Also needs a trunk pan an both inner skirts out back. Might do a fuel cell an modify for that. For now the body work is going to have to wait until I get my new shop built for all my fab needs

Small late update....
Tore the rear end an tank out of the car. Going to rebuild the rear with 3.91' new BBP shafts an a rebuilt break set up an freshbpaint. Need to source out a new tank an all the goods for now. Starting at the back of the car an moving forward.

/6 an Trans out an cleaning has begun

Screenshot_2016-06-21-00-34-25-1.png

Hey Zombie. - Looking forward to see how this one turns out. - What's up with these Demons? Seems like every one I see came out with a 6. With a name like Demon you'd think they'd all have spooky powerplants.

Looks good. I always check the slanty cars in the junky hoping for one of those dead sexy 8.75" rears with the welded cover. I guess in my neck of the woods they are all gone. I got a C body one i need to shorten for my application.

Thanks guys
Love easy off, been using it for years now works great. I always see guys snagging 340 demons an I just got lucky with the Slant lol

I agree. I almost got T-boned in my 79 D150 (all manual) yesterday. Kid was texting on the phone. He actually apologized to me. I told him cars can be replaced, fathers and husbands can't. Told him I had half a mind to shove the phone up his ***, the text can wait.

For now I still plan on running my small block until I find the funds to rebuild this thing proper. But I got a hair up my *** an tore this thing apart lol

IMG_20160717_201103.jpg

Sometimes when you run into forward movement on one thing, it is just fun to dismantle things? Why the 383? 400? Small block?

-
Back