ZZ Top's Eliminator Hot Rod

-
I've been a ZZ Top fan since I was 7 years old and I saw them on Back To the Future III. It was either that or hearing "Gimme All Your Lovin" in the movie "The Santa Claus". If the later was the case I was even younger. I scored the Hotwheels from a friend of mine later on. I think it was his older brother's old toy car. Anyway, I sure wish I lived in the 80s AND was old enough to remember them in their hey day. Now I'm in my 20s and stuck with all of this modern BS stuff on the radio waves that I call NOISE. I was streaming the good stuff on campus doing some homework, and I grew tired of hearing commercials for modern NOISE "artists" like Lady whats her face, Justin Beber, and all that crap. I actually rebelled against society and brought in an old walkman last week and cranked it up over all the rap coming the iPods. Sharp Dressed Man, Planet of Women, Tush, My Head's in Mississippi, all the good stuff.

A guy older than me by about 20 years heard it and looked shocked that only was I drowning out the racket with ZZ Top (and Def Leppard, 38 Special, etc) but that I wa doing it on a cassette deck. IMO those iPods are all gonna short out ina couple of years, or they will change the computer formats and you'll be screwed. Besides theres something to be said about discovering a hidden gem on an album that wasn't a Top 10 Hit and you can't get that with iPods.

-
Back