Bushing help

-

OllieDemon45

Reaction score
Before I get my car alignment done, I need to replace some bushings. I tried to have the alignment done but they said the bushings were too worn.
I plan on putting a set of QA1 upper arms on, sway bar bushings and end links too. my question is, how do I replace these bushings on the torsion bars? Is there more to it than what it looks like? Any help would be appreciated!
83F30084-6B87-4E39-A914-ECE7F8CA689E.jpeg
83F30084-6B87-4E39-A914-ECE7F8CA689E.jpeg

F0C775B3-D3BA-4FA1-98D3-1B43F72121DA.jpeg

You have to remove torsion bars and lower control arms to get the strut rods out for bushing replacement. The job's not difficult, but it is time consuming, because a lot of stuff has to be taken apart. I am getting ready to do some work on the front suspension on my 64 VERY soon and will be doing some of the same things. Get the manual downloaded, read through it and take your time. You can do it.

Last edited:
I just went through that myself. Now is the time to consider if you will simply replace worn out bushings or upgrade your parts. I ended up replacing my K-frame, strut bars, UCA, LCA, and torsion bars. I had replaced all the front end bushings with poly, but the tech could not align my car because something was bent. Was likely the K-frame and/or LCA. Driver side torsion bar would not fully seat into the LCA socket, so something was cocked. After all this work & fresh alignment the car is much more stable now.

Definitely do the LCA Bushings and Strut rod Bushing at the same time.
Thats a good idea. I guess i'll do all of them since it will be apart already.
Is there only 1 bushing for the lower LCA. So i would need a total of 2, one for driver side and one for passenger side.
Thanks

You have your Pivot bushing and you have the strut rod bushing in the LCA. Then your K frame (strut rod bushing)

-
Back