Fittings and Sizes? - 1968 Dodge Dart Brake Lines

-

mydart270

myDart270
Reaction score
ok..I should know this. What tubing dia and fittings (sizes) do I need to buy so I can fabricate 2 lines and bench bleed my new M/C. I did this many years ago w/ rusty lines (cleaned up of coarse). Now I want to make the (2) lines that attach to F and R and loop back into the M/C cavities.

I have a flaring tool so I am good to go. Just need the brake line dia and associated male fittings. Local NAPA people can help but I want to be sure before I buy since M/C is on the car
and cannot bring to the store.

Thx....wish I saved all old lines for reference....darn!!!!

Great forum, great experience, great people. Life is Good.

The lines are 3/16 and all fittings front to rear are pretty much standard 3/16 inverted flare EXCEPT the master cylinder

These vary over the years in OUTside dia because they are designed to prevent mixup in fittings.

The lines are 3/16 and all fittings front to rear are pretty much standard 3/16 inverted flare EXCEPT the master cylinder

These vary over the years in OUTside dia because they are designed to prevent mixup in fittings.
ok thx...what fittings should I buy for the M/C so I can fabricate lines for bleeding

The 3/16 tube line fittings you need are not available in most auto part stores. Inline tube has them on their eBay site. Sizes are 9/16-20 color blue and 1/2-20 color violet. Go to eBay and search Inline tube #tn8 and Inline tube #tn09.

The 3/16 tube line fittings you need are not available in most auto part stores. Inline tube has them on their eBay site. Sizes are 9/16-20 color blue and 1/2-20 color violet. Go to eBay and search Inline tube #tn8 and Inline tube #tn09.
Thank You, Thank You, Thank You. Super information. Also determined that s/h from InLine Tube much faster on Ebay than InLine Home page. Last order from InLine Tube home page received in 9 days w/ higher price(s) on their site. Live and learn I guess.

Happy MoPar...stay safe and healthy

I bought a 25' roll of copper/zinc 3/16" hose off of Amazon, worked great for the lines on my Demon. It was only like $25. Flares easy and is easy to bend. Just a little info.

This may be incorrect. MC fittings vary over the years, especially if you are wading around in the aftermarket

-
Back